News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX MMA RANKINGS -- (JULY 30, '17)

Started by Cory, May 24, 2009, 11:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

Wanderlei Silva in the top 5? Don't get me wrong, I love Wanderlei, but that is kind of crazy.

His one win in the last 2 years was a close decision over Michael Bisping. Bisping is obviously a talented fighter but not really a title contender, and he certainly wasn't at the time of their fight at UFC 110.

I mean from a marketing stand point, I guess you could say one more impressive win would put Wanderlei into title contention just because of his name value and popularity with fans.... but I honestly think all of the fighters you ranked below him (Marquardt, Okami, Lombard, Maia, etc) would beat him.

Wanderlei is a very exciting fighter but I don't consider him a top contender at this point.

But like I said, I can understand ranking him high if you're going on pure marketability.

Cory

Marquardt is the only guy I thought about swapping. I think Wandy would stop Maia, and outscore Okami.

Lombard is below him just based on competition fought.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

Maia's chin is solid though, but you could have a point there. I would definitely favor Wanderlei if he could keep that fight standing.

As for Okami, I think Okami would out wrestle Wanderlei to a decision but that's just my opinion.

IDK, it's tough to say. Wanderlei looked good in his first MW fight against Bisping, I'd like to see how he will do against a top tier opponent before putting him ahead of guys like Nate and Okami.

We will just have to see how he does when he returns in 2011, although coming off knee surgery he probably won't do very well at first.

Big Gay Honker

I would like to point out the "Super Hluk" champion of the world isn't on this list.  Ikuhisa Minowa Fights people well beyond his weight class and has a few wins over some top notch guys in his career.  That alone should get him at least a number 11 bonus slot listed on the list.  Anderson Silva avoids him at all costs because he fears the heel hook.

Cory

Yeah Minowaman is pretty rediculous, but he loses anytime he fights any legit guy throughout his career.

I.e Evan Tanner, Kondo, Semmy Schilt, Paulo Filho, Rampage, Wanderlei, Sakuraba.

But if there has even been a freak killer, he'd be it.

Cory

Big Gay Honker

If I were to compare the Rampage or Wanderlei fights to something traumatic, I would say rape.  It was like a severe case of rape in that ring.

Cory

Cory

Cory

Updated after Strikeforce: Henderson v/s Babalu

Cory

Updated after K1 DYNAMITE! 2010 and UFC 125

Cory

Updated after:

Strikeforce: Diaz v/s Cyborg
UFC 126

T-Bonizzle

I have a question. How can people be ranked higher then others in the division rankings, but not the p4p? You have Valasquez as the #1 Heavyweight, but he's behind Fedor in p4p? In what world does that make sense? For awhile you also had Evans and Rua reversed in the same manner, so its been bugging me.

Cory

ts really confusing to explain, but if you check around the internet, (i just did) I found 3 other rankings that had Fedor higher on the p4p, and Cain #1 heavyweight.

I guess the BEST way to explain it, is that the Heavyweight rankings alone is based on current form, lets say how you've done over your last 5 fights. Cain has been the best heavyweight in the world over his last five fights, as where Fedor lost his last fight, dropping him.

The p4p rankings, are more based on "long-term" performance, I guess, and everyone's list has their own personal bias (as I have Nick Diaz in my p4p). FOr the example you questioned, Cain was never on the list, and Fedor was #1 for the longest time. After Cain won the UFC HW Title and Fedor lost for the first time in 30 fights, Cain finally made his way to #10 but am I gonna drop Fedor from #1 to off the list because of the fluke loss? He drops in the Heavyweight rankings because of his activeness and loss, but in the p4p scheme of things, it didn't affect him much.

I dont know if this explained anything.

T-Bonizzle