MFX MMA RANKINGS -- (JULY 30, '17)

Started by Cory, May 24, 2009, 11:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Just made Jons the second post of this thread, as with the huge amount of events that get stickied at the top, the less the better, so stay tuned for the 2 best p4p rankings on the entire internet.

Im glad Jons doing this so maybe I'll get off my ass and update them more than 3 times a year. This thread will also be open for discussion for the p4p rankings, so what do you guys think?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Comparing our two quickly.

p4p- I have Gil and Hendricks, Jon has Rousey and Mendes.  I agree with Rousey being legit, if there was more competition in the UFC womans division, and maybe after a win over McMann I might move her in, as shes the only UFC champion not in my rankings. However, Chad Mendes? I can never picture that dude without reliving him getting absolutely smashed by Aldo, I think Hendricks being the deserving WW Champ or Gilbert who in defeat was still very debatable for the title, over a dude who got destroyed in his title fight, and hasn't been back there since. For the record, Im a fan of Mendes, outside of Aldo the only 145er who has legit KO power.

Heavyweight - All good, I have Werdum higher, you have Browne higher, but both are contenders and pretty sure their gonna have a #1 contender fight next.

Light Heavyweight - I have interim Bellator champ Emmuel Newton who went 4-0 in 2013, and beating heavy favourite and one time legit 205er in Mo Lawal TWICE, and won the Interim title, Sonnen however went 1-2 so be it against better competition, 2 KO loses in the same year its tough to keep him on the list.

Middleweight - I have Lombard @ 10 (not sure if he 100% made the move to 170) and Jon has Gegard Mousasi (I left completely off my list) at number 4. Now if Hectors next fight is at 170, I have Mousasi as next to move in at 10....but my 11 guy is Jons 4 guy. Mousasi is one my favorite fighters, especially his run in Dream, but he beat essentially a nobody in Mike Kyle in January , and literally a no body in  Ilir Latifi in maybe the most unimpressive fights ive ever seen against a last minute opponent, who never fought in the UFC and had like a 4-3 record. If Mousasi smashed that dude, he'd probably be at 7-8 at the most, but 4? The only way he reached close to 4 is if he smashes Machida.

Welterweight - I left GSP on, if hes only out a year, hes still the 170er to beat, thus staying, Jon has GSP off due to his "retirement". Same reason I kept Nick Diaz on, its only a matter of time before their back IMO, and no one else has stepped up to dethrone them.

Lightweight - No way Grey Maynard makes a top 10, he was IMO the worst fighter in all weight classes in 2013, Id rather Jim Miller in the lineup after a FOTN performance in a no contest and a slick submission win late in the year, over Maynard who went 0-2 in 2013, with two very nasty KO's as well.

Feathweight - All good.

Bantamweight - All good.

Flyweight - Only difference is really im higher on Jon Lineker (@ #3), Jon likes Jon Dodson @ 2.

Female - Again, I left Tate off (Jon had her @ 10) not only for being super overrated, TUF kinda helped, but she got stopped in her two 2013 fights, a brutal Ko loss to Zingano and then an armbar loss to Rousey.

Cory

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Cory

Final rankings of the year are up, fresh for a 2015 start.

Cory

updated to reflect Anderson Silvas win being taken away v. Nick Diaz

Jon

UPDATED POST UFC 185

Quote from: Cory on February 06, 2015, 04:43:36 PM
updated to reflect Anderson Silvas win being taken away v. Nick Diaz

Also, his win has not been taken away yet.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors