News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

KC's Recommendation Thread

Started by Rob, December 02, 2009, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Figured it'd be a nice place to advertise some of your favourite music. Think people should only really put another video on if they actually watch the one that was posted before them.

This is Sonic Youth's cover of the Beatles song Within You, Without You

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Ok this failed completely as a YouTube thread so instead I'll make it my recommendation thread. First of all was Sonic Youth and I know some of you are all ready aware of them, brilliant cover though.

Next is a singer that I've loved for a couple of years now and I don't even know why. I think it might just be his pleasant sounding voice, very relaxing I think. This is a song called All My Days which came out a while ago on an album that had a lot of music heavily featured on some TV shows, especially Scrubs, House and The OC.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Rob

Hell to the yes. SY have been one of my top listened to artists for a couple of years now because I think there's so much diversity between their older stuff and it changed right up until Rather Ripped, which is actually second I feel to Daydream Nation. Obviously their new album goes back to the beginning but this time as grown up's...

Next artist I'd like to recommend is another experimental band. They're called Slowdive and they're sorta a heavy dream/pop band. Really relaxing music. I love to listen to this music because it's really something very different to conventional music genre's which seem to dominate people's life's, really.

Also, I don't know how frequently I'll post to this, whenever I feel like you people need to share with me the geniuses that make the music I love.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Another noise band... Deerhoof. Enjoy. I've always enjoyed them thoroughly. Pretty much like Deerhunter, Pavement and Low.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

OMG, can we be best friends?

I do enjoy some Deerhoof, though more for the guitar work, the vocals are slightly irritating to me. The first track on "offend maggie" is my favorite, it has such a great riff to it. Song's called "The Tears and Music of Love."

If you dig this stuff KC, check out All the Saints. Not..."All Saints."

Rob

That was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it from the very beginning!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

The Local Natives.

Unfortunately for them they came in after Fleet Foxes, but I think they're just as good. Obviously they sound very similar. Spotify have been ranting on about them for ages now...

I think this song is fantastic though.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Michaels

These guys are still relatively new, but they've gotten me hooked. Three vocalists (yes, you read that right) each with their own distinctive style meshed into a package of pure melodic power.

Say hello to Amaranthe.

Tim-Æ

^ first of all, that music is nothing like what is in this thread. If you're going to make suggestions, try to make them at least similar to what KC's going for. That's what the point of the thread is.

Quote from: Kill Crazy on January 02, 2010, 02:41:54 PM
The Local Natives.

Unfortunately for them they came in after Fleet Foxes, but I think they're just as good. Obviously they sound very similar. Spotify have been ranting on about them for ages now...

I think this song is fantastic though.

Now....Local Natives....Old NEWS! Downloaded this baby about a month ago and love it. Sun Hands is great. They have a Fleet Foxes meet Arcade Fire feel to them, and I'll be reviewing the whole album once its released officially in the US.

Rob

I don't mind music being recommended in my thread but its really not the kind of music I like. Sounds heavy metal on fast forward though. If you wanna recommend music to me I'm into indie, alternative rock, pop, hip hop and other sub-genres of those genres (there's too many to list). I've basically put up everything that's different to one another that I like...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

KC, you like Liars?

new album leaked, its called "Sisterworld." Saw them open for Radiohead in 2008.

Rob

Never replied to this. But I do like Liars, I've given them a couple of plays recently. Definitely a band I could like based on the fact I love indie music, (I consider Indie music to be a style of music that is individual to that artist/band)

Next recommendation is Counting Crows. Not their newer stuff. In fact, I hate everything that isn't on their debut album August and Everything After. That album is easily in my top 10 ever, so emotive.

This is probably the best song off the album. Round Here. It's always a favourite of their live performances and they never play it the same way twice. Truly awe-inspiring how much emotion goes into it. This performance is off the Howard Stern Show and he even said himself that it's one of the best performances he's ever seen. I highly recommend the version from MTV's 10-Spot.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Big recommendation for 2010. I think this young girl is going to EXPLODE onto the scene any day now. I first heard Obsessions a long while ago, around the same time I found Florence + The Machine - Kiss With A Fist. I absolutely adore this song.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Broken Records - A Promise.

Very different band from Scotland.

SixersEagles

[/center]