News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

KC's Recommendation Thread

Started by Rob, December 02, 2009, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Pavement, bitches. Kings of Indie.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Five reasons Pavement rules

1. Gold Soundz
2. Elevate Me later
3. Stereo
4. Cut Your Hair
5. Range Life

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain = amazing

I'm seeing them on September 11th.

Rob

You're an extremely lucky little bitch :P

Wowee Zowee is my most listened to album at the moment, it's indie rock at it's absolute best. If anyone gets the chance to go and see Pavement live, do it. It will be the experience of a lifetime.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Comedian Boothby Graffoe. Great music, pretty good guitarist, funniest lyrics I've heard in my life.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

It's been a long time since I've updated this... But here are a few videos I've been loving lately.

Some Tim would have spoken about before, others that I've just been listening to.

Two new songs and a classic.

I'd HIGHLY recommend Broken Social Scene's new album, I rate it as the best of the year so far.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Rob on September 13, 2010, 07:34:22 PM

I'd HIGHLY recommend Broken Social Scene's new album, I rate it as the best of the year so far.

so would I. of course, I have yet to hear the new Deerhunter.

Rob

I've yet to listen to No Age or Deerhunter or Arcade Fire, but so far Broken Social Scene are far away my favourite album of the year, could be up there for the decade too despite it being the first year!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

New Sufjan album - pretty good!

And The Strokes, of course...

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Gotta love Imogen Heap!

Okkervil River are a hugely underrated indie band for quite some time now. I think anyone that likes the likes of Pavement, Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene should check these out

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Very strange that I'm going to add this song considering I posted The Strokes only a few months ago, but their new single came out last week and I can't get enough of it. It's really brilliant, and I'm seriously looking forward to their new album with this;

And this one's more specifically for JDM, but for anyone thats loving Mumford and Sons or Laura Marling the last year or so, you have to check out Johnny Flynn. He's a wonderful writer, and his music is pretty catchy.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Almost forgot how much I loved Ben Folds Five, but they were pretty awesome! Posted this on my 30 day song challenge as day 25's song that makes you laugh. And with a chorus of "Give me my money back, you bitch" you can't go wrong.

Tap footing acoustic music at it's finest.

It was either going to be that or Belle and Sebastian who are another band that I just love and don't listen to enough. Some of their songs are really touching with really witty lyrics. Sometimes pretty hard to understand but if you can hear the lyrics to The State I Am In, you will be laughing. The guy kicks the crutch away from his crippled friend. That's funny.. Especially in serious music.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Eight days between updates! What the fuck!?!?!?!?

Two of my favourite all time Britpop songs, first is Ocean Colour Scene with The Day We Caught The Train. Instantly recognisable and a HUGE 90s CHOON. And if you can spot on the old piano, Mr. Modfather, Paul Weller is there

And you can't talk about Paul Weller without mentioning his solo work. I do love what he's done since The Jam, pretty much everything, all the different genre's he's crossed, but Studio 150 is a wonderful album and I suggest you all go and listen to it. Great cover album. This song was released the same year as the previous and a host of other Britpop wonder-tunes. So go check out 1995.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Kendell Smith

This thread is full of win! Want to force some music on ya's that I've been listening to all week since I went dancing last weekend :)

Rob

Thanks Ant, glad to see someone other than Tim reads this ;)

You posted some top tunes there. I don't know why I always over-look Caribou whenever I update this
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

I wish Ant was still around because she seemingly shares a lot of my tastes!

Anyways, here's another Dinosaur Jr song. This is EPIC. If you love indie and heartfelt music with a dash of blues, this song is for you.

SixersEagles

[/center]