News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

KC's Recommendation Thread

Started by Rob, December 02, 2009, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

I've gone weeks of listening to basically no music at all.... It has to change.

I fully expect to be called a hipster fuck with these songs.

The Glitch Mob ft. Sister Crayon - Beauty of the Unhidden Heart

The Cinematic Orchestra - A New Home

Electric Youth and College - A Real Hero
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

The Electric Youth track is a great one. Have you seen the movie Drive, starring Ryan Gosling? If not, you should. It has tunes galore in it. One of my favourite sound tracks.

Rob

Quote from: Dorling on August 30, 2014, 03:56:40 PM
The Electric Youth track is a great one. Have you seen the movie Drive, starring Ryan Gosling? If not, you should. It has tunes galore in it. One of my favourite sound tracks.

Yeah I saw it a while ago by mistake on Netflix and loved it. Then I was staying in a Premier Inn and they played that song every night at dinner and I couldn't work out how I knew it... Had to Shazam it
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy

SO happy to finally have new Damien Rice music... 8 years since his last album. Hard to believe I went to see him live but couldn't legally drink and EFK was just a pipe-dream for Sam and Ian. Really delighted to finally have Damien Rice music in my 20s
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

I'm seriously recommending Michael Kiwanuka's latest album Love & Hate.

It's a wonderful blend of soul, rhythm and blues and acoustic pop music that is really damn addictive. It's the kind of wonderful album that is worth me posting in this thread for the first time in nearly 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TYlcVNI2AM
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

I'm going to try catching up on this thread from the beginning. I wasn't really trying much new stuff a few years ago, nor even listening to the radio. I wasn't paying much attention to music in general.

Scrolling back, the songs I actually recognize in this thread are ones that I like, so it's reasonable to assume I'll like more.

Lately I've gotten very much into the music of Michael Franti and Spearhead. I'm not really good at genres but I guess it's a reggae/hip-hop/pop fusion. Most importantly it's so upbeat, the lyrics and the music that it seldom fails to actually make me smile and lighten my mood. He genuinely comes across as a really great person behind the artist.

But anyway, yeah, that Kiwanuka song is really catchy. Would require me to be in a certain mood to deliberately seek it out, but if it came on Pandora or whatever, I would definitely let it play.

Drama Queen

Actually while I was typing that, the song finished and another one (One More Night) came on, and I see what you mean... it's actually starting to really grow on me now haha!

Rob

Only just noticed your replies DQ, I'm glad you've taken the time to listen and appreciate my tunes! I'll try and update this more frequently from here out
SixersEagles

[/center]