News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA News Discussion Thread

Started by ciscoKID_VWF, July 14, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciscoKID_VWF

I am stoked to say the least about the card this Saturday.  Anyone else going try and get the Afflction card?  My fucking brother-in-law is a cop and gets in for free.   :-\

Marq

I hope Sylvia gets destroyed.

Anyone THAT big should NOT be spending the majority of a fight running away.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

JohnS.

Wow, people are really considering watching this?

You ARE aware of Anderson Silva making his debut at 205, right? For free. On Spike. Same night as the Banned PPV.

You're REALLY considering spending money to watch Afflication live, when you can get more entertainment from the UFC for free, adn then watch videos of all the Affliction fights the next day anyway?

However...thats just my opinion on it.

Marq

We have two HDTV's in our living room, John. Believe me, I love Silva -- but Arlovsky and Fedor are too good to pass up. Besides, we WOULD watch it on video the next day -- but that's not fun. Are you against FUN?!

TaNK

Personally, I wouild rather be watching the Affliction card if I wasn't working.

It has Fedor and Sylvia fighting each other whom both are two top 5 heavyweights in the world.

It has two top 10 heavyweights in Andrei Arlovski and Ben Rothwell fighting each other.

It also has Josh Barnett who is arguably a top 5 HW facing off against veteran Predro Rizzo.

Man, I am salivating over this card. Also, I personally consider Fedor the top p4p fighter in the world and I want to see him decimate Big Tim.

JohnS.

Quote from: TaNK on July 14, 2008, 06:55:54 PM
Personally, I wouild rather be watching the Affliction card if I wasn't working.

It has Fedor and Sylvia fighting each other whom both are two top 5 heavyweights in the world.

It has two top 10 heavyweights in Andrei Arlovski and Ben Rothwell fighting each other.

It also has Josh Barnett who is arguably a top 5 HW facing off against veteran Predro Rizzo.

Man, I am salivating over this card. Also, I personally consider Fedor the top p4p fighter in the world and I want to see him decimate Big Tim.

That's where we disagree. I personally consider Silva the best p4p fighter in the world. I respect Fedor for what he has done in the past...But he hasn't fought anybody but cans recently. Anderson Silva, on the other hand...This man has completely destroyed the entire UFC MW division...and is looking to expand and dominate 205...not to mention the fact that he prefers to fight every 3 months in 2 different weight classes...I just find Silva far more entertaining. The only thing I'd say Afflication has going for it is Arlovski. UFC made a mistake losing him.

TaNK

Thats why I said personally. It's all really debatable.

I just can't count out a person that has beaten CroCop, Big Nog, Hunt, Herring, Semmy Schilt (K-1 Grand Prix Winner), Coleman, Randleman, Lindland, and Ricardo Arona.

Yes, I know alot of these fighters seemed washed up now but they were beasts back then and I personally don't think that Fedor has lost a step. What will happen to the P4P rankings if he beats Tim Sylvia? because boring or not.. Tim is a world class fighter. Fedor has only one loss but that loss was because of a cut.. not because TK beat Fedor. I just hope he beats Sylvia because that will cement his place back in the top spot hopefully.

I'm not going to lie though, I love Anderson Silva and think he is a phenomonal athlete but I think Fedor is the best hands down.

Marq

To be fair, though -- Silva's really the only person I wanna see on the UFC card. So during Affliction, we'll probably have the Silva fight playing on the other television.

TaNK

Main Card

Light Heavyweight bout:  Anderson Silva vs.  James Irvin
Lightweight bout:  Hermes Franca vs.  Frank Edgar
Light Heavyweight bout:  Brandon Vera vs.  Reese Andy
Welterweight bout:  Anthony Johnson vs.  Kevin Burns
Middleweight bout:  Jesse Taylor vs.  C.B. Dollaway
Heavyweight bout:  Cain Velasquez vs.  Jake O'Brien

Preliminary Card

Welterweight bout:  Brad Blackburn vs.  James Giboo
Welterweight bout:  Rory Markham vs.  Brodie Farber
Lightweight bout:  Dale Hart vs.  Shannon Gugerty
Middleweight bout:  Nate Loughran vs.  Johnny Rees
middleweight bout:  Tim Credeur vs.  Cale Yarborough

Here's the card for the UFC event opposite The Affliction:Banned card.

I personally can't wait to see how Anderson Silva does in the 205 division. I don't think he could dominate as well as he did in the MW division but he sure could make a good run in it.

I personally will watch the Hermes Franca and Brandon Vera fights as well.

ciscoKID_VWF

This is going to be my first Fedor fight.  I am going to DVR the UFC and than watch Affliction at a neighbors splitting the cost

ciscoKID_VWF

I am curouis to see the franca one too, other than that ehh.  I will die laughing if Silva gets beat

JohnS.

Silva fight, Franca fight, and the Vera fights will be sweet.

Jesse Taylor and CB Dollaway should be a good fight.

Marq

Oh shit, Vera's on the card?!

FILIPINOS UNITE!!!

AudiblyOffensive

Brandon Vera's fight won't be close. He should DESTROY Reese Andy. I'm interested in seeing how Silva can take a punch from a headhunter in 205.

TaNK

I like Brandon Vera alot. He has always thought about dropping to LHW to compete, I actually think that he would be a good addition as he does have some excellent talent. Give him a year or two and he will mold into a fantastic competitor.