News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

MFX's Recommend a TV Show/Movie Thread

Started by Gary, July 28, 2010, 01:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excaligore

Henry: Portrait of a Killer. The most amazingly well done trash film ever.

Gary

Rubicon New show on AMC (same channel as Mad Men and Breaking Bad), the show is interesting as hell some may not like the fact that its slow as fucking hell but the Wire tended to be slow and the pay off was rather good. If you like conspiracy theories, and the such you should check it out.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Scott King

Quote from: Trumpers on July 28, 2010, 12:24:50 PM
Caught this on BBC 2 about a year or so ago...thought it was very very funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Heights_High

As an Aussie I will talk this one up, Very Good series, Better than Chris Lilleys first series which was about trying to find Australian of The Year. (Was the first time Jai'me was introduced) But with SHH, Jonah would have to be the funniest character.

Memorable Quotes

"oi you got your period or what miss?"

"he's a ranga, sir"

Kendell Smith

So I imagine this is the right place for this.

My and my mam and dad spend two nights of a week watching tv together (I know... it's very 'Brady Bunch' of us) We're in the process of making our way through the box set of The Sopranos but we're getting through it quite quickly so it wont be long until it's finished. My problem is I don't know what show we should watch next so I'm looking for suggestions.

I was thinking Deadwood but heard it ended abruptly so watching three seasons only to have it end and not come back would irritate me no end.

We've already watched the Wire and I've seen every episode of Dexter. I was thinking Treme but that's only on it's first season and only 10 episodes at that. I was thinking Mad Men too if anyone has any reviews on that.

Any suggestions fellow EFKers?

jagilki

Kendell Smith

Quote from: jagilki on March 26, 2011, 11:46:38 AM
Breaking Bad

Checked it out on wikipedia. Looks like my time of tv show! Nice one Jag :)

The Janitor

Also

Its a good watch plus theres tons of it, so you wont make your way through anytime soon.

Not actually a fan myself, but i know enough people that are to recommend it safely

If anyone is a fan of black comedy i highly recommend The League of Gentlemen. It's unique in its humor so give it a few episodes to ''get it'' before giving up on it. Once you're on their messed up platue of existance it becomes engaging and extremely funny

Hondo

This kinda came up in the TV Character game thread, but if you haven't seen Parks and Recreation, then you're doing yourself a great injustice.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Antalicious on March 26, 2011, 05:55:46 AM
So I imagine this is the right place for this.

My and my mam and dad spend two nights of a week watching tv together (I know... it's very 'Brady Bunch' of us) We're in the process of making our way through the box set of The Sopranos but we're getting through it quite quickly so it wont be long until it's finished. My problem is I don't know what show we should watch next so I'm looking for suggestions.

I was thinking Deadwood but heard it ended abruptly so watching three seasons only to have it end and not come back would irritate me no end.

We've already watched the Wire and I've seen every episode of Dexter. I was thinking Treme but that's only on it's first season and only 10 episodes at that. I was thinking Mad Men too if anyone has any reviews on that.

Any suggestions fellow EFKers?

- Boardwalk Empire if you can get hold of it
- The Walking Dead
- Friday Night Lights (I love this show and I think I am in the minority lol)
- Eastbound and Down (personal guilty pleasure of mine, might be one for pure hilarity file)
- True Blood (though maybe watching loads of sexy vampires having sex in front of your folks might be weird...)

I just watched my first episode of Sons of Anarchy, kind of on the fence about it so far. Added Always Sunny to my list of things to start watchin from the beginning as well as Blue Bloods.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

Keep watching SOA Ian you will enjoy it .

The Killing on AMC is really good
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jackson Christopher

I would highly recommend asian horror movie Suicide Club. I would also like to recommend  Prometheus for those who haven't seen that movie yet and you should slap your selves if you haven't

Mike Powers

So, how hard should I slap myself for really not liking Prometheus all that much?

Jackson Christopher

How could not have liked the black space captain?

Cory

Just started Season 7 of The Shield, and what a fucking awesome show this is, nuff said.

HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new series. A "dirty cop" show, with a perfect mix of relationships, brother-hood, violence, and story-telling. Some of the best season Finales ive ever seen, twists as well.

9.5/10

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin