News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

MFX's Recommend a TV Show/Movie Thread

Started by Gary, July 28, 2010, 01:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Orange is the New Black on Netflix.  Made by the same person that made Weeds on Showtime, and you can definitely tell that it shares the same dramedy 'feel' as Weeds does.  Kind of loses its way for an episode or 2 midway, but finishes strong.

Duckman

I can't be bothered going back to check the thread to see if these two have been mentioned already:

Veep is brilliant.  One of my favourite shows at the moment.  Snappy jokes every 10 seconds and some brilliant performances, especially by Julia-Louis Dreyfus.  They give her all best constructed rants and sweary insults on the show.  It's written by the guys behind the AWESOME The Thick Of It and the movie In The Loop - both of which are high my list of favourite comedy show/film. 

So is Louie starring Louis CK.  Probably the most original comedy show on TV because it follows no conventions of tv comedy.  Louis CK is one of the funniest stand-ups around and has been for years.  This show is written, produced, directed and stars him.  The fact that FX don't even see the show until it airs is one of the truly incredible things about this show.  There's no messing with it by the network and it shows as the tone, style, even the comedic elements change from show to show and sometimes within one episode.

The 3 part season three opener where it's Louis vs. Jerry Seinfeld for the job of taking over from Letterman is 90 minutes of pure TV gold.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

ToneCold

Keep meaning to track down VEEP as I loved Thick Of It and it's got Elaine from Seinfeld in it. Both of these are positives for me.

That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Black Death

Quote from: Duckman on November 15, 2013, 08:13:48 AM
I can't be bothered going back to check the thread to see if these two have been mentioned already:

Veep is brilliant.  One of my favourite shows at the moment.  Snappy jokes every 10 seconds and some brilliant performances, especially by Julia-Louis Dreyfus.  They give her all best constructed rants and sweary insults on the show.  It's written by the guys behind the AWESOME The Thick Of It and the movie In The Loop - both of which are high my list of favourite comedy show/film. 

So is Louie starring Louis CK.  Probably the most original comedy show on TV because it follows no conventions of tv comedy.  Louis CK is one of the funniest stand-ups around and has been for years.  This show is written, produced, directed and stars him.  The fact that FX don't even see the show until it airs is one of the truly incredible things about this show.  There's no messing with it by the network and it shows as the tone, style, even the comedic elements change from show to show and sometimes within one episode.

The 3 part season three opener where it's Louis vs. Jerry Seinfeld for the job of taking over from Letterman is 90 minutes of pure TV gold.

Peace

Duckman

Veep is an awesome show ... finally got to watch it and must say laugh my head off. julie louie is just brilliant in that show.

Big fan Louis CK  ... agree with Duckman 100%

Get  a chance check out Survivors Remorse on Starz ... 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"