News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

A WWE produced Sting DVD?

Started by The Rick, July 29, 2008, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rick

I got the Mick Foley DVD at the weekend, and it was great to see a match with Cactus Jack taking on Sting featured so with that said...

Does anyone think there is a possibility of a WWE produced Sting DVD? I know Sting is with TNA and will probably end his in-ring career with TNA but it would be awesome if he made his farewell to active competition in WWE. Maybe just giving him a 1 year contract like Goldberg had could work.

It's just a shame there is a possibility that some of Sting's most famous matches won't make a compilation DVD to highlight his career in it's prime. I commend TNA for trying to do something with their Return Of An Icon DVD but it's not the same as having classic Sting matches and the man himself commenting on his career with guys like Ric Flair and Arn Anderson being able to throw in their 2 cents worth as well.

Gary

I bet once Sting's contract with TNA is done, he will get a DVD and the Hall of Fame as well.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

JaceGryphon

I actually think I saw somewhere where there IS a WWE-produced Sting DVD coming in the future.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

ACaine

Honestly some of sting's best matches are in WCW, and TNA as opposed to WWE. So, I'm not really missing much without a WWE Sting DVD. If I wanted to see Sting in WWE...well I'd say Youtube, or Dailyvideo.....

As far as a 1 yr contract like goldberg....yea about that...no. I don't wanna see them ruin his career like they did with Goldberg. Although Ric Flair being part of WWE, might not let that happen, then again...yea no....It'd get Fubar'd.....no thanks, let Sting finish with TNA, and that be that.

The Rick

Quote from: ACaine on July 30, 2008, 01:01:35 AM
Honestly some of sting's best matches are in WCW, and TNA as opposed to WWE. So, I'm not really missing much without a WWE Sting DVD. If I wanted to see Sting in WWE...well I'd say Youtube, or Dailyvideo.....

That's what I'd want the DVD for though, for some of his best WCW matches to be collected under one set.

Gary

I wouldn't compare Sting to Goldberg ever. I think Vince is smart enough to treat Sting with some respect, Goldberg I think was seen as one of the big threats during the attitude era so he had to be taken down a notch. Plus Goldberg sucks.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

The Rick

Black Death

I been saying this from the beginning ...all I hear is vince would screw up sting or take him down a peg.. or something like that . But I think Sting could have raise to bigger heights if he had went to WWE.  Heck I love to see him take a run at it and see what could happen . Sting vs HBK would be gold. Sting Vs undertaker  another dream match.   but i will not happen, best move vince made when he brought WCW was getting the video catalog with it 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Black Death on July 30, 2008, 01:22:48 PM
best move vince made when he brought WCW was getting the video catalog with it 

This is why Black Death is my hero.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Yeah I remember reading somewhere a list of the DVD's going into production this year and a Sting one was on there.

WWE have pretty much ALL of wrestling history on video and there's plenty of money to be made from that.  He's got all the old Mid South stuff, WCW, ECW, Florida, Portland, Texas, Stampede and pretty much all the other major territories apart from probably PR.

I think they'll wait until he leaves TNA (which is looking like this time next year) and then they'll either pitch a contract to him, or just get him in to do the DVD.

Either way if there's money to be made Vince will find the way and there's a lot of money to be made out of a best of Sting DVD with him doing a commentary in between or just a career retrospective.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

The Rick

But do you think a Sting DVD, produced by WWE would be done justice if Sting didn't sign a Legends Contract? I could see it being a similar deal to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. I enjoyed that DVD, but would have preferred a more rounded opinion. Hopefully if they do a Sting DVD the Stinger will have the sense to do as Bret Hart did and offer to help out to make sure it's not a one sided burial of his career which the Hitman's DVD would have been if he hadn't have contacted Vince and offered to be a part of it.

Duckman

Well I'm not sure where Steve Borden stands but I suppose if he owns the Sting name and likeness, he could just tell Vince to stick it up his ass if he wanted to.

But he's a businessman and I'm sure this DVD would do big numbers so I'd imagine it'll happen at some point in the future.

Shit, if Bret can come back for his then anything is possible, lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I don't see Sting getting a HOF induction for those mentioning it. It seems in ring performers of WWE calibre only will get that, plus I think they got a few more corpses they need to enshrine.

As for the DVD, well the best of Sting has to be a produced DVD for me anyways. He was Hogan during the WCW era before the mega bucks and even during the nWo he was and still is a popular figure.

TNA is just really Sting finishing off his career, I dont see this having any relevance once he quits and wants to have a WWE produced DVD.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon Tees

The fact of the matter is WWE could produce this DVD if they wanted to its just a question of will they and if so when? Sting has pretty much been a critic of WWE’s product for the majority of his career while working for companies that wish they were the WWE and trying their best to copy what WWE is doing. So its doubtful but not entirely unlikely that WWE will elect to do anything honor to  the career of Sting after him having nothing but negative things to say about their company, and his refusal to consider working there.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com