News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Flair leaves WWE.

Started by Duckman, August 04, 2008, 04:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From Prowrestling.net:

WWE issued a brief statement on the company website regarding Ric Flair's departure. "WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways," reads the statement on WWE.com. "After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE."

So Flair is gone from WWE.  I guess he thinks he can make more money without WWE behind him.  Although I really hope this isn't so he can go to TNA.  It'd ruin his legacy and the fantastic match vs Michaels at WM.

It would've been cool to have Flair come in as the Raw GM but looks like that won't happen now.

So, what'd you make of it folks?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tezmission Black

I have a feeling Sting got him to come over to TNA, but will he stay with the retired gimmick or will he stay there as a manager to someone there.

Tim-Æ

i'm glad he left. He needs to retire. bottom line.

Smash INC

I'm thinking this has more to with Flair wanting to make appearances at special events (NWA anniversary, etc) that the E ended up blocking.

Hopefully we get a few speeches from Flair in ROH.

TaNK

Dave Johnson

Quote from: Tim-Æ on August 04, 2008, 04:52:02 PM
i'm glad he left. He needs to retire. bottom line.

Quoted for truth. He just needs to let Pro Wrestling go.

Jimmy Chisel

I think this might be more over the WWE not allowing him to do the NWA Hall of Fame, Flair now can do what he wants in terms of personal appearances and such, which is the same reason Mick Foley left the WWE a few years ago; because really if the WWE are going to restrict what you can do outside of their stuff and you're not doing anything for them why stay around?  I'd imagine he'll do what Mick Foley did when he parted ways with the WWE. Make personal appearances, show up on indies as a special guest referee or something and maybe do a shoot interview.  Flair is very loyal to the WWE, I'd imagine he'll make appearances on WWE shows in the future but he can just explore other ventures now.

As far as getting out of pro wrestling, he can't. He's Ric Flair, it's not like he's just some guy who wrestled for years and now doesn't. He is one of the biggest names ever in the business, and he can make money out of that on the indies like I said above, I'm sure somewhere like ROH would clamor to get him to come in for a night as a ref or manager or indeed the NWA would kill to have him on there Showcase show if they still do that. Don't think he'd go to TNA, they'd try and get him to wrestle. But he'll never leave the business behind. Because it will never forget about him.

T Jay

If he doesn't retire, he'll at least do down in history as being the first wrestler to die from a heart attack in the ring. That's almost a complete guarantee!

Jimmy Chisel

Only he wouldn't be the first if he did. Besides Flair's cardiovascular condition is what made his career last so long, in his prime he was in fantastic cardio condition that allowed him to work 60 min matches almost for fun while his opponents would be blown up. Its why at his age he could go 30-45 mins with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania.

MitchMMA

I wonder what Flair's conditioning routine is like.

Probably chops the fuck out of trees with his hands for hours screaming WHOOO with each chop  :D

Jimmy Chisel

I don't know but I think it's just that he's somewhat naturally that way, that he could party all night and wrestle the next day. I remember Cornette talking about it on a shoot.

MitchMMA

It's his passion that keeps him going, he's the man!

Bryan

I think he can make appearances sure, but wrestling again after having a great match against HBK at Wrestlemania would just taint that whole weekend. I think Sting/Flair would be a fitting final match but I just don't think it should happen.

JaceGryphon

I'd personally love to see one last round of Flair/Sting.

chunkylover

Whats the age dfference between them?

Sting's matches are all passable, Flair's arn't unless he's wrestling against HBK (everyone looks good against HBK)