News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

SUPER SHOUTING VOCAL ENTHUSIASTIC REFEREE DUDE

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 06, 2008, 05:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Anyone noticed him on RAW? He refereed Mickie James vs Jillian Hall two weeks back and also Priceless vs Cole/Lawler.

Is there going to be an angle here???
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dave Johnson

YES!!

He also did it to Mickie and Katie this past week at Raw?

I find it hilarious.

TaNK

I like it. Not sure about an angle.. havent heard anything.

Cory

....he just really likes his job maybe.

I'd love it if I got to ref Diva's matches.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

That one guy that refed the WM 20 playboy lingerie match was the luckiest guy in the world, they were rolling on top of him :D

Jimmy Chisel

Or he's just doing a good job at being a referee. I'd rather a referee who seemed like he was actually enforcing rules than someone who is just there to count a pinfall. Otherwise what is the point of a referee? So many referees are just there to count pinfalls and to the "hand on head I'm shocked" thing when a big move happens.

Duckman

To quote Mick Foley:  "the best referees are the ones you never notice"

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jimmy Chisel

Maybe so, but at least they should play the gimmick. Which is to pretend to enforce the rules.

KevinHill

I gotta agree with Jimmy here. As stupid as it is, the closed fist is still considered illegal. I hate those that just stand back and watch, and bob their head to the punch. I notice that some warn the heel but when the babyface makes his comeback, he doesn't do a thing. I like the refs that are screaming and warning both parties about everything. Because as Jimmy said, refs are supposed to enforce the rules. So why not pretend to do that?

TaNK

Quote from: Jimmy Chisel on August 06, 2008, 06:27:39 PM
Maybe so, but at least they should play the gimmick. Which is to pretend to enforce the rules.

Agreed.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Whether its right or wrong isnt the point of this thread for me before people start saying 'he's doing a good job' I wasn't saying he was doing a crap one. My question is because he is so diverse from what WWE have in a referee do you think this could well be an angle?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

KenFucious

It might be. One of their better ones as it's pretty effin subtle. Maybe it'll be Danny Davis all over again. LoL

Either way, I actually enjoy the matches he calls.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

If the commentators are making reference then possibly but if not then I doubt it. WWE thinks their fans are stupid so they usually make the most obvious links possible. Like for example, "you're opponent is a mystery but I will give you a few hints, hes the Rattlesnake and he talks about 3:16 a lot and his finisher is the Stone Cold Stunner but it's total mystery!"

WWE underestimate their fans intelligence. Well, maybe they have a case for the American ones...
SixersEagles

[/center]

JaceGryphon

Quote from: Rob on August 09, 2008, 02:41:36 PM
WWE underestimate their fans intelligence. Well, maybe they have a case for the American ones...

....I resemble that!

But I agree, it is fun to watch him cuz it's like "You go dude, you're the only ref giving a shit about the rules!"

Earl Hebner...best ref ever.