Former ROH & NOAH Champion in WWE

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, August 19, 2008, 04:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: www.f4wonline.comEnthusiastic crowd from the time they got into the building, with several C.M. Punk chants. There are two guys dressed like clowns, with a sign that says “Batista Sucks.” Harley Race (with his hair looking tremendous, reports indicate) is there along with some members of NOAH’s office. Dr. Keith refuses my request to suggest to Harley that he make an appearance in HUSTLE just one time, and proceeds to say that the camera was focusing in on “Fake Hogan.” The camera then panned to someone holding a “Chicago Cubs are Raw” sign, which was roundly booed. Two Cubs pitchers are then shown sitting behind Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Also spotted is one of Chicago’s longest reigning alderman, Ed Burke. For the record, Illinois is the about the only place on the planet that still uses the term alderman in politics.

A gong then sounds, and holy crap it’s…..

1. NOAH Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima defeats Charlie Haas in 3 minutes with a missile dropkick.

Yes, they used a gong and some generic Kaientai-type music. Met mostly with “USA” chants, and also some apathy as no one knew who he was, Morishima looked good dominating the match. Hitting a lariat-o and a side slam, before putting Haas away with a missile dropkick.

2. William Regal defeated (Insert blonde generic man’s name here) in six minutes with a running knee out of the corner.

Lillian Garcia sang the National Anthem to a huge USA chant that followed.

Courtesy of NOAH-USA

Drake Daniels

The ROH Smarks are going crazy I bet. I'm gonna laugh when I read/hear someone go how could he back stab us like that lol.

Duckman

That's awesome!  The more main stream coverage a fantastic worker like Morishima gets the better in my opinion.

Good to see Harley Race bringing these guys over as part of his work with NOAH.

Plus, Morishima vs Umaga would be a money feud and a great match.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Drake Daniels

Morishima vs Umaga

I'd mark out I think at that feud....a whole feud with no mic work lol

Black Death

Harley race as his manager... that all he needs ...  he does not need to say shit... just get a person that can talk for him and he get over ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon Tees

Umaga is hurt right now and will be out for several weeks. I do agree that WWE should focus more on bringing in quality workers and creating a better product with them, as opposed to hiring a bunch of average, slightly below average and below average wrestlers and than proceeding to do nothing with them.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Duckman

Morishima is a big deal in Japan Tank.  He's the current World Champion of Pro Wrestling Noah which is the only promotion that's actually drawing money in Japan these days.

He's kind of like Bam Bam Bigelo.  Big guy, but can really work and also comes off the top rope a lot.

He was ROH World Champion for 8 months and put on some tremendous matches during this time.  His work with Bryan Danielson especially was fantastic.

A great big man worker, which is something rare these days.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.