News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Thumbtacks or Lightubes

Started by Russ, August 24, 2008, 07:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

(This is BYW bte) Ok basically, in a couple of months I wanna have a hardcore match for my feds title, and I'm trying to convince one of the guys I'm facing to give me a running powerslam onto thumbtacks. He said no, but he'd do it on lightubes.

So for all those who've done a bit of real stuff; what hurts more, tacks or tubes?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Black Death

lol...Lightbulbs ... it fucking hurts and it little dangerous because of the gas use  in them them.   Thumbtacks hurt to but they are spread out and  when you hit them  it not all not in one area ,  that lessen the pain .   but thumbtacks should be the more likely one  if you are going to it

what happen to just powerbooming his ass on a chair ... lol

you know my feeling toward it , I am not a fan , but use the thumbtacks
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Russ

Cos his special move is the powerbomb  8)

Plus I legit love taking the powerslam so I wanna make it better  :P
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Black Death

KenFucious

yeah, the powder inside flourescent tubes could be hazardous should you it cut you and get inside. Believe me, I was changing one at work a few years back and got a small cut after the tube exploded and got a slight infection. Nothing major though. A little neosporin cleaned it right up. Better safe than sorry.

Jimmy Chisel

Personally I always liked using less weapons and gimmickry in hardcore style matches. A good old powerbomb on the outside ala Vader/Cactus would work as long as it was the finish and the guy who took it sold it .

Cory

Neither, Ill suggest a part-time job. Unless that shit you're doing is paying, get a job (if you dont already have one)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Russ

I have a job... do you think I can support my thousand-a-day habit on nothing?

Thats a thousand words of rp a day, not £ of drugs ya sick bastards  ;)

Cory

Just saying, get more shifts. Backyard Wrestling is fine, all good fun, but don do shit like tubes or thumbtacks. Why do that in front of like, 4-5 friends and dont get shit all 'cept a few painful cuts.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

I agree...but he going to do it anyway and I not going to change hs mind...so Thumbtacks

Black Death

Duckman

I agree with Cory, don't be a dumbass and put yourself at risk for a backyard/indy show in front of a handful of people for no money.

What's the point?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Smash INC

Just a couple of questions before we go further.

1) What BYW fed is this for? (PM me some links or something :D)
2) Have you taken a bump on tacks/tubes before?
3) Do you know anyone who has?

My opinion on this, assuming you're deffo gonna go through with it is to take the thumbtack bump.

Russ

1. Surrey Wrestling League (kinda just starting out; so this won't be for a while)
2. I've not bumped on them, but have put a few tacks in my leg and next time a bulb goes I'll try it  :P
3. Plenty