News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Concert Draft Sign Ups

Started by GM Franchise, March 07, 2013, 11:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Looks like the only person I have to worry about going into my pool of choices is DQ

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

I'll be shocked if any of my selections are picked by you fuckers...though I had only planned like six selections...so after that I don't know. 12 is a lot.

GM Franchise

You took the band I was going to pick first, Bone. Grrrrr....
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Huh, weird. I doubt that'll happen again.

Jon

Probably only picking 3... maybe 4.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Stoner

I plan on making the most of each and every pick.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Jon

A 12 band concert, I'd never sit through.

Stoner

Quote from: Jon on March 18, 2013, 03:51:15 PM
A 12 band concert, I'd never sit through.

You've never been to anything like Ozfest then have you?  We have a radiostation down here that does BuzzFest twice a year that regularly has 15+ bands each time and is a blast to go to.  Its easy to pull off, you have multiple stages.  While a band is playing on one stage, the next band to perform is getting ready on another.  Each band puts on a 30-45 minute show and you've got yourself one hell of an event.  That's assuming you only want the event to last 1 day.  You get things like Woodstock that last three days....

Jon

Quote from: Stonerman on March 18, 2013, 03:56:10 PM
You've never been to anything like Ozfest then have you?  We have a radiostation down here that does BuzzFest twice a year that regularly has 15+ bands each time and is a blast to go to.  Its easy to pull off, you have multiple stages.  While a band is playing on one stage, the next band to perform is getting ready on another.  Each band puts on a 30-45 minute show and you've got yourself one hell of an event.  That's assuming you only want the event to last 1 day.  You get things like Woodstock that last three days....

I know what musical festivals are. The only one I've been to is Warped Tour. But I saw maybe 6 bands while I was there.

I then realized it sucks when one band is playing on one stage and another is playing on a different stage. Yet you want to see both bands...

Stoner

I don't know about bands playing at the same time, at BuzzFest it alternated so no one had to miss anything.

Jon

Quote from: Stonerman on March 18, 2013, 04:02:17 PM
I don't know about bands playing at the same time, at BuzzFest it alternated so no one had to miss anything.

Oh damn... and you stood there for what 9-10 hours for all the bands to play?

Must have been an exhausting day.

I guess I just prefer the 3-4 band concerts. Where the first 2-3 bands play 30-45 minute sets. And the last band gets a 60-90 minute set.

T-Bonizzle

Concerts are one of the most boring things people do ever. I don't understand how standing around with a thousand people all making noise while watching musicians preform...let me emphasize the word musician, as in entertainers who appeal to your sense of hearing, not sight...other people making it hard to hear the music anyway, why people enjoy subjecting themselves to this torture is beyond me. It's just much easier and more enjoyable to listen to a recording. People may argue "but it's live lol" but do you go watch a movie shoot live? Or after it's all been edited?

Jon

I like moshing. One reason I use to go to concerts. I haven't been to one in awhile. But I feel like I have grown out of my concert phase. I prefer just listening to music, so I actually like going to say a pub and eat and have a drink while a local singer/songwriter performs.

Stoner

There really isn't a problem hearing the bands.  They have the volume turned up so loud that if anything you have to worry about not being able to hear afterwards.

Its the same feeling one gets going to a wrestling event.  Or anything else for that matter.  Its not really something that can be described, just experienced.

/////

But yeah. I would get there at 10AM when the shows would start and leave around 10PM-Midnight, depending on who was closing the show.  Its a blast though.

GM Franchise

I think it really depends on the concert. I usually got to festivals more than anything because there's a variety of bands and it usually costs the same as a single concert for a big band (at least here in Vegas it does) so you get more bang for your buck.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible