News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Sports Movie Bracket

Started by The TeeJ of Philly, February 21, 2014, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Drama Queen on March 10, 2014, 06:15:06 PM
Was there even one soccer movie in this? I missed the first round.

Yes, there were 4 and they all lost. Forgot to post these (Sorry for the size atm):

Justin

Just voted.  I'm surprised at some of the seedings.

J-Reb

Two things I noticed right off the bat: how is Little Giants beating Varsity Blues?  And seriously?  White Men Can't Jump leading Hoosiers?

You people is crazy.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 10, 2014, 09:41:54 PM
Two things I noticed right off the bat: how is Little Giants beating Varsity Blues?  And seriously?  White Men Can't Jump leading Hoosiers?

You people is crazy.

My thoughts exactly. We put together the bracket taking our own rankings and averaging them out. Everything else has been decided by fans and you guys (unless you have listened to one episode then I call you a fan). So we have some off people voting it seems.

Mike Powers

I voted.  It was fun. 

My only issue with it is one that has been brought up before.  Putting an entire franchise against 1 movie is unfair in and of itself.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on March 10, 2014, 08:28:28 PM
Just voted.  I'm surprised at some of the seedings.

I agree. That and some of the voting is just bizarre.

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 10, 2014, 09:41:54 PM

You people is crazy.

Agreed 100% on both.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

I would vote Little Giants over Varsity Blues every single time.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: Jon on March 11, 2014, 09:04:15 AM
I would vote Little Giants over Varsity Blues every single time.

Same here.

Flins.

I think the bigger travesty should be BASKETball going over The Wrestler. And yeah, in regards to movies about Football (Soccer), there aren't many that are particularly good - The Damned United should've gotten a shout though.

Drama Queen

ID where the cops go undercover as soccer hooligans.
Escape to victory where the POWs play against the German team whilst planning their escape, starring Stallone, Caine and pele

There are better football movies than the disneyish ones put in here.

This is not meant as a dig at the tourney, so much as an immigrants frustration at the perception of football in the states period.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Drama Queen on March 11, 2014, 07:18:05 PM
ID where the cops go undercover as soccer hooligans.
Escape to victory where the POWs play against the German team whilst planning their escape, starring Stallone, Caine and pele

There are better football movies than the disneyish ones put in here.

This is not meant as a dig at the tourney, so much as an immigrants frustration at the perception of football in the states period.

I have no idea what you just said.

Drama Queen

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

I think it meant Victory .. which I brought up to TJ.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

GM Franchise

Escape to Victory is the same movie. It was the title of the movie in the UK.