News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

J.C.V.D.

Started by Tim-Æ, November 07, 2008, 05:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

So, everyone's favorite muscle head from the 80s and 90s, and if you shop the 5 dollar bin at Wal-Mart, the 2000s as well, is back: that's right Jean-Claude Van Damme is back in 2008!

At least that's what people are saying after his turn in J.C.V.D. Basically, Van Damme plays himself, literally. This isn't the same as The Wrestler, with Mickey Rourke, which is more of a drama. This is a meta-action film, in that its main priority is NOT action, but action plays a pivotal part of it. This is a character study I guess, and its getting the best reviews of Van Damme's career. Rottentomates has this at an 83% which is astounding considering his next highest is a 53% for Sudden Death (which sucks).

After watching the trailer, I think we could see something very interesting happen with Van Damme. Oscar nomination may be a bit too much, but critics are saying he's surprisingly very funny in this indie film that mocks him and everything he's done for the last 20 years.

Looks like its in English and French.

Black Death

Hey he is funny guy,   he come to realized that fame is a harsh bitch.  you are treat people badly on the way up, you will see the same people on the way done.  I hope he fix up his personal life and become a better person.  But I always said he needs to play a Heel role , yep in wrestling terms Van Damme needs a heel turn in a big movie to make it back on top.  Play a bad guy in a blockbuster the movie suits will come calling again

I will check this movie out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Exile

ive heard a lot of good things about this film and being a fan of JCVD from back in the day, i call it the prefilmenlightment period of my life, i really am looking forward to this release

Jack Kaiser

I love Van Damme, and I've heard the same good things about this movie.  I'm definitely checking it out when I get the chance.