News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

What was the best Guns and Roses album?

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 10, 2009, 10:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Please give a short answer on why you chose :)

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

I chose Use your Illusion 1 for its sheer excellent variety in each track and the fact that for its time, set a major standard in albums :)

But I count Use your Illusion 1 and 2 as a whole package, which makes them even better!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Tim-Æ

Tezmission Black

Hondo

LoL...Chinese Democracy, the pile of poopy that took 17 years to make.

I'm going with Use Your Illusion.............II.

Although I agree, I and II are companion pieces to each other.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Smash INC

Use Your Illusion II, inching ahead of Appetite for Destruction.

Zombie Gunn

Excaligore

Where's the "None of the above. Guns N' Roses are overrated as fuck." option?

Edit: Fuck, Jesse beat me to it. For some reason his picture didn't load at first.

! JDM The Professional !

haha. Well, Guns and Roses were not overrated. They are now though. Chinese Democracy was a load of bullshit!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

jagilki

I'm love "Civil War" so Use Your Illusion Dos

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Daz Holiday on September 10, 2009, 12:09:30 PM
haha. Well, Guns and Roses were not overrated. They are now though. Chinese Democracy was a load of bullshit!

Not true. They were overrated right from the start. They also paved the way for big arena rock, without them shit bands like Buckcherry wouldn't exist.

Excaligore

Quote from: TimFlatable on September 10, 2009, 02:29:26 PM
Not true. They were overrated right from the start. They also paved the way for big arena rock, without them shit bands like Buckcherry wouldn't exist.

QFT

Duckman

Bollocks.  They were a band that rocked just as hard as any band of their generation, produced classic songs and had a raw energy and aggression that you just don't see in 'big arena rock.'

Guns and Roses were a shot of JD straight to the heart of a music scene that woke up a whole generation of people.

Whatever followed them, followed them, but to write them off like that is very blinkered.  Just because they were popular doesn't mean they weren't important or didn't produced great rock music.

Oh and for me Appetite is their best album!  I will not stand for Guns and Roses hatred in these here forums! :)

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Apetite for Destruction

Slash's Solo in Sweet Child of Mine is sick.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Appetite for Destruction.

get hype...go rip fools head off playing football,  this get me going
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"