News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

What was the best Guns and Roses album?

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 10, 2009, 10:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goonboy

why is Zach Braff poking himself in the eye? .. anyhoo ... Appetite for Destruction by far

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Duckman on September 14, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
Bollocks.  They were a band that rocked just as hard as any band of their generation, produced classic songs and had a raw energy and aggression that you just don't see in 'big arena rock.'

Guns and Roses were a shot of JD straight to the heart of a music scene that woke up a whole generation of people.

Whatever followed them, followed them, but to write them off like that is very blinkered.  Just because they were popular doesn't mean they weren't important or didn't produced great rock music.

Oh and for me Appetite is their best album!  I will not stand for Guns and Roses hatred in these here forums! :)

Peace

Duckman

Good way to put it Duckman. It is good to see that people have fondness for such a great band. And honestly, as much as I wish the original members still remained in the band, I am glad they stopped after their music was at its all time high.

I'll never forget the opening line of their live album

"If you wanted the best, they didn't fucking make it. So heres what you get, from Hollywood... Guns...And...Roses!"

:D

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

Quote from: Duckman on September 14, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
Guns and Roses were a shot of JD straight to the heart of a music scene that woke up a whole generation of people.

Guns N' Roses were not that musically different than what was before them. If you ask me, they were hair metal just like the rest. In my eyes, musically they're BARELY distanced from say, Poison.

Duckman

Fair enough.  Then again considering your taste in music as exampled on these forums - I'm MORE than happy to disagree with you on any musical matter.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

The Binge

Appetite is just such a great album, really fun stuff. I think Use Your Illusion 2 is easily second, but it's too ballad based in my view, I liked the whole Classic Rock Party feel to Appetite.

KenFucious

I'm a fan of all of them but Appetite definitely sold me. I still listen to it in it's entirety today.

Black Death

Appetite for Destruction

hands down the best for me
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"