News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tranformers 3 date set, 'Arrested Development' Script in the Works

Started by Black Death, October 06, 2009, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: M.D.Khemist on October 20, 2009, 10:35:08 AMAgain JB you are caring about something that you are not meant to care about.

Don't see how that's anybody's call but my own, dude.

But whatever, I'm tired of talking about it and I've come to realise most people don't give a shit, so that just leads me to the option of not giving a shit either.

It just strikes me as so ridiculous how low the standards are set for what constitutes art or entertainment as a whole where repeating the same tired acts that weren't all that great the first time you did 'em and wallowing in a pool of stagnation and mediocrity gets a passing grade. You'd think it wouldn't be much to ask to just get the basics right.

So I'm not putting money in a hack filmmaker's bank account because I'm not watching his movies,  the same way I'm not gonna watch Family Guy anymore, support Vince Russo-run wrestling ventures, watch Dane Cook 'perform', read 'Twilight' or listen to My Chemical Romance in the hope that either 1 of 2 things happens: 1. The people behind this shit start actually caring about what they produce and make a concentrated effort to improve, or 2. they get passed over and forgotten as the obnoxious fads they are.

And may we be so much the better for it.

Duckman

Remember the old saying - a pessimist is never disappointed. :)

It'll stand you in good stead for Transformers 3.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Zombie Gunn

Would I got killed if I said the original transformers animated movie was kinda dumb?

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Fail Gunn Fails on October 20, 2009, 03:36:11 PMWould I got killed if I said the original transformers animated movie was kinda dumb?

No. But if you said the live action movie was smart I would have to do this:

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on October 20, 2009, 11:42:14 AM
So I'm not putting money in a hack filmmaker's bank account because I'm not watching his movies,  the same way I'm not gonna watch Family Guy anymore, support Vince Russo-run wrestling ventures, watch Dane Cook 'perform', read 'Twilight' or listen to My Chemical Romance in the hope that either 1 of 2 things happens: 1. The people behind this shit start actually caring about what they produce and make a concentrated effort to improve, or 2. they get passed over and forgotten as the obnoxious fads they are.

The trouble is you are doing this in the hope that one of two things happen and neither will because for everybody like you who does this there are thousands who will still help these people make money from what they do. I can't fucking stand Amy Winehouse, luminous coloured shoelaces or heroin but because I abstain from these things does not mean that they will cease to be purchased / used.

And when they are forgotten (as they always are) nobody cares because the next fad is alway making money by then. The people that created those fads don't care either because they got rich as a result of them.

What I do find hilarious though dude and no offence when I say this but you think that there is some plot, character development and structure to the original Transformers! As Sam said, it was a commercial!

Quote from: Fnord on October 20, 2009, 10:42:23 AM
I watch Lost.  It doesn't control my life.
I never said it controls your life but a part of your life is dedicated to knowing the intricasies of the show

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: M.D.Khemist on October 21, 2009, 09:49:05 AMWhat I do find hilarious though dude and no offence when I say this but you think that there is some plot, character development and structure to the original Transformers! As Sam said, it was a commercial!

Which just proves to me that you don't get it. You're just taking it at face value and looking down on as being nothing more than a toy commercial, and granted a lot of the incarnations didn't have anything more to offer than that, but there were others that did.

What I find funny about this argument is that 1. I've been steering my points further away from Transformers, but it keeps getting dragged back to it. And 2. This is, ironically, the same kind of 'how-can-you-watch-that?' argument that non-fans would give to wrestling fans.

You don't get it, and no matter how I try to explain it to you, you're probably not going to get it.

So what are we doing here besides wasting our time going on about it?

Adam Wrong

I'm not the one expending energy and time complaining about Michael Bay and Transformers...

Jonny Worldbeater

Marq

Fuck it, I like Michael Bay.

Sam and MDK are right -- you don't have to think, but some artists (and yeah, I'm calling him an artist) prefer to have you FEEL something. I know you didn't watch the second Transformers movie, but I was on the edge of my seat watching Optimus fight Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout -- as were a lot of people. And y'know what? During "Armageddon," I STILL get teary-eyed seeing Ben Affleck screaming to Bruce Willis through the glass that he loves him.

So what? Does that make me an idiot?

"Twilight?" I'm not a fan, but I'm not gonna sit atop a high horse and condescend towards the people that do like it. That's the mark of a prick, JB -- and despite what you might think, this rabble-rousing doesn't make me, or anyone for that matter, think you're any smarter (which you ARE, let me stress). So, instead of spending so much time ragging on things, why don't you add something positive to the mix and recommend something you think is good?

Not only would that steer the conversation towards something considerably less negative...

...but if you like something that I hate, I can tell you how you just don't "get" things, either.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Excaligore

With Marc involved I know this is a racial issue. Marc obviously is bias for Transformers because it comes from a toys assembled in an Asian Country. JB is just pissed off because I don't think there was a single Koala in the first Transformers movie and it becomes totally lost on the Australian audience, who feel alienated and misrepresented.

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

jagilki

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Marq on October 22, 2009, 04:22:00 PMSo, instead of spending so much time ragging on things, why don't you add something positive to the mix and recommend something you think is good?

Not only would that steer the conversation towards something considerably less negative...

...but if you like something that I hate, I can tell you how you just don't "get" things, either.

Firefly. And the movie, Serenity.

Recently got into that stuff, and it's quite, quite excellent.

I would highly recommend checking that out. High quality sci-fi.

Rebel Child

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on October 22, 2009, 09:12:43 PM
Firefly. And the movie, Serenity.

Recently got into that stuff, and it's quite, quite excellent.

I would highly recommend checking that out. High quality sci-fi.

Quoted for truth and bolded for the very same reason.

Whedon really brought out some guns for this and showed that he wasn't a one trick pony.

Friggin' FOX on the other hand?  Absolute morons.

Black Death

Quote from: Rebel Child on October 22, 2009, 10:23:55 PM
Quoted for truth and bolded for the very same reason.

Whedon really brought out some guns for this and showed that he wasn't a one trick pony.

Friggin' FOX on the other hand?  Absolute morons.

QFT

FUCK FOX
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"