News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

StoryTime

Started by Black Death, May 11, 2010, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

Conor

You (well, MDK) wanted more, so I'm gonna give you guys more story time than you could possibly take!

In 1985, DC Comics decided it was time to fix the increasingly muddled continuity of their titles. They did this with a 12 issue maxi series entitled Crisis on Infinite Earths, which sought to eliminate the DC Multiverse and instead replace it with a single definitive continuity.

In 2005 Geoff Johns brought back the possibility of the Multiverse with his seven issue mini series Infinite Crisis, a direct sequel to COIE that would eventually lead to the 52 Universes that now make up the DC Multiverse.

In 2008 Grant Morrison wrote Final Crisis, "the day evil won." Malevolent god Darkseid finally made his move to rule over all of reality, forcing the heroes of the Multiverse to band together once more.

These are arguably the three most important events in DC history - and I'm going to post all of them. That's a grand total of 26 comics, not including the numerous Countdowns, tie-ins and other specials (none of which I'm posting, as it would take a year to cover everything.) What you're getting is the meat of these stories - and suffice to say, they all had far-reaching repurcussions (for a while, anyway.) I'm going to post at least two issues a week, hopefully three, so by the Autumn we'll be done.

Let's get this show on the road with Crisis on Infinite Earths #1!

Conor

Wow, has it really been two weeks since Crisis On Infinite Earths #1?

Whoops.

Well, I'll make it up for you this week - I'll have an issue every day, damn it!

Adam Wrong

Conor

Conor

Conor

I fell asleep last night while saving the comic to .JPEGs so tonight you get a double dose of Crisis! Crisis on Infinite Earths #5 will be posted soon enough, but first there's this special bumper story - the tragic demise of Earth-6!

Conor

Conor

We're at the half way point of the Crisis on Infinite Earths - now slightly less infinite, ever since they got eaten by anti-matter.

On a related note, how fucking awesome does the Anti-Monitor look?

Conor

This took longer than expected. Cut me some slack, it's the weekend. Anyway, here we are at Crisis on Infinite Earths #7! Featuring Supergirl's Crowning Moment of Awesome - and, sadly, her last.

Conor

Well, you've had a few days to come to terms with Supergirl's tragic death. Feeling OK? Good. Now we can watch The Flash die.

Conor

It's Monday, I'm bored and it's been about a week - time for Crisis on Infinite Earths #9!

Two things. One, I'm finishing this story this week, because we still have two more Crises to get through. Secondly, I'm taking a leaf out of Black Death's book and cleaning up this thread a bit, linking you to slideshows of previous issues. If you need the link to the album itself, just let me know.

OK, let's do this thing!

Conor

Here we go, folks, finally hitting the last stretch of Crisis on Infinite Earths! The big climax comes this Saturday, so let's go back to the dawn of time in Crisis on Infinite Earths #10!

Conor

Just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder, here comes the penultimate chapter in Crisis on Infinite Earths!

Conor

Here it is, at long last! The Crisis on Infinite Earths comes to a close in this double size final chapter.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/bigmeanflashgamer/Comics/COIE12/?albumview=slideshow

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/bigmeanflashgamer/Comics/COIE12/

And there we are - one Earth, one continuity.

Well, for a while, anyway. Because in 2005 Geoff Johns returned to this story and composed a sequel that would see the re-establishment of the Multiverse - Infinite Crisis! And believe me, that's coming next. You've got a few days, so I suggest you read Countdown to Infinite Crisis, shed a tear for Ted Kord and get ready, because the Crisis isn't over yet.