News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

A PlayList That Makes Sentz (9/29/08)

Started by Tim-Æ, September 29, 2008, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

A rather short edition this week...

The official playlist....

1. Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul   A+
2. TV on the Radio - Dear Science  A-
3.  One Day As a Lion - self titled EP   A+
4. Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line    B+
5. The Kooks - Konk   A-
6. Ben Folds - Way to Normal   C+
7. Olivia Tremor Control  - Music from the Unrealized Script, Dusk at the Cubist Castle   A
8. Jimmy Eat World - Chase the Light    B+
9. R.E.M. - Accelerate    A-
10. Cold War Kids - Loyalty to Loyalty    C-

Weekly Review

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul

I was never a fan of Oasis until last week. I didn't hate them, but they certainly didn't rank in my top 10 bands (and probably still don't...yet). That was until I scored a leak of their new record. I have to say...

I LOVE IT. I know, its hard to believe that a non-fan could love the new record so much, but its caused me to download the rest of their discography and give it a listen. Its strange, as I've progressed deeper and deeper into indie music, I'm finding that I like more bands than I realized. Or I'm at least giving it a better shot I suppose. Either way, Oasis has blown me away with their new single "A Shock of Lightning" and even more blown me away by providing a very stellar and concrete album that has adjusted for the times, but still maintained stability. Much like R.E.M. did, but Metallica couldn't.

I think the one thing that I disliked about Oasis was the voice. I don't know much about the band, in fact this is the first record I've listened to of theirs from front to back, and I'm still impressed by it. It's catchy, its driving. It's a little bit ediger than I expected, and a lot more fun than I was ready for. It has already cracked my top ten records of 2008, which is to say a lot really. This is one of those few records that I recommend to EVERYONE. Do yourself a favor and go listen to this record, it's excellent folks.

A+

That's all for now folks, I don't have quite the energy to go into news or anything.