News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Star Trek

Started by Tim-Æ, July 18, 2008, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

So...not that I care, but some might. New posters are available for the new Star Trek movie from JJ Abrams.

On a side note, I probably won't see this, b/c the last time I actually liked a Star Trek movie was The Wrath of Khan.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15630/1/FACE-THE-FINAL-FRONTIER/Page1.html

Jeff Rivers

I take it you have never watched Star Trek: First Contact sir. I can kind of understand about not liking any movies since Wrath of Khan. Actually almost every odd number Star Trek Movie sucks.

I’m disappointed that there going backwards with the series. I would love to see a Deep Space Nine Movie but I know that it will never happen. As much as I loved the show I know the movie would bomb no matter how good it was. Just due to that fact that DS9 was never as popular as The Next Generation. Even though DS9 was superior in storylines and acting. Ok I’m done.

DaveGilly

I too enjoyed DS9 but then again I have enjoyed all of the shows and movies. Secially a fan of Dax, 7 of 9 and Tupaul WOW. tHEY PULL SOME BELTER LASSES out of the bag.

This movie gotta be good though... Its got simon Pegg as scottie.

Jeff Rivers

Oh I think the movie will be good. I would just rather they go ahead in the st universe, not do a prequel. The new movie has a great cast, Simon Pegg should be funny as always.

You forgot one of the sexiest ladies in all of star Trek . . .Captain Janeway.

TheNthDegree

Being a major Trek fan ...

I'm not really pleased with this movie. First of all, JJ Abrams ... no. Just no.

Second of all, this whole thing with Nero. I mean I've heard everywhere that he's supposed to be Romulan but he has no Romulan features of the TOS/pre TOS era and no ears. I'm a huuuge Romulan buff, my favourite race other than obviously, the Borg. I study their history as the Rihannsu and everything. So I'm not really looking forward to this if this is the Anglo-Romulan War (and if it really is, Kirk should NOT be alive) because of Nero.
That said, if it isn't about Romulans and he is not one: ok fine.

The thing with the pre TOS history is that Enterprise tried it and during the last few seasons, succeeded at it (The Augment Trilogy + Mirror Universe FTW), but if you mess too much, it will become so terribly bad that nobody would care.

I would love to see a Voyager movie, after the crappy ending the series had. The first part of Endgame was AWESOME but the second was so rushed that it covered nothing of the aftermath. What happened to The Doc? What about Seven? DID HARRY KIM EVER GET PROMOTED???

But, thinking, I would also LOVE to see a future Trek, either a movie or series. We've seen glimpses, in Enterprise (time travel dude, don't remember his name), in Voyager (Captain Braxton) and even a little bit in TNG. So have something a couple centuries after the 24th. The beginning of time ships, the beginning of the future! That's what I would love to see.

Not a huge DS9 fan myself because I could never just get into any of the characters minus Odo, really. Every other series I'm big into. And the movies, the even-odd is really, really true. Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, First Contact (the best of the best) are my favourites.

I'll probably see this movie with friends on opening day, keeping it in mind that it will not be First Contact

JaceGryphon

So, it's the original series characters, but not the original series actors?  That could go a couple different ways.  Wonder if my dad knows about this?

And going with the even-odd thing, yea, this would be #11...

Q for the win.

Jeff Rivers

Defiantly, Q belongs on the big screen if only for a little bit. I wouldn’t even care if they did a direct to DVD movie series. Keep it the same quality as the shows and I’ll be happy.  I’ve never watched Stargate, other then the movie. They do direct to DVD movies and that seems to keep there fans happy as far as I know.

TheNthDegree

I third Q.
A friend and I just thought that Q should have appeared at the end of Nemesis and ... FIXED the ending.

Q's just ... Q. Which is to say awesome. To hear him say Mon Capitane again. Or to hear him star in The Q Show (making a movie based on the novel The Q Continuum would be AWESOME)

JaceGryphon

I almost bought this one time when I saw it at WalMart, but didn't have the money for it then and haven't seen it again.  It was a DVD collection and I think it was called "The Q Continuum" or something along those lines, but it was basically a Best Of: compilation of the episodes that Q was in.

TheNthDegree

That is one of the best of those collections. I own 3 of the 6 or 7. One of them is Time Travel, the Q one and then Captains' Best (favourite episodes picked by all the captain actors, plus by fans).

There's a Romulan one coming out too. <Insert me as a fangirl here>