News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2015 NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Cory, September 04, 2015, 02:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

cory ...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. 

that all I am saying

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on September 14, 2015, 12:56:53 PM
cory ...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. 

that all I am saying

Tell that to Greg Hardy, im sure his wife is tired of dodging rocks.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Captain Metro

Quote from: Cory on September 14, 2015, 12:49:19 PM
Cant believe Giants didnt run in on 3rd down on their final drive, but there is always a silver lining.

Bye Dez.

I'm just going to say it's awfully petty to say that the silver lining in something is that someone got injured. You can dislike the team but wishing harm on someone is wrong ...

... especially when your quarterback is Sam Bradford.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Black Death

you got sam bradford as QB ... you need to pray to the football gods , that his knee does not explode this season

Cory

Quote from: Captain Metro on September 14, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
I'm just going to say it's awfully petty to say that the silver lining in something is that someone got injured. You can dislike the team but wishing harm on someone is wrong ...

... especially when your quarterback is Sam Bradford.

I didn't wish harm on anyone at all mr. righteous.

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on September 14, 2015, 02:35:47 PM
you got sam bradford as QB ... you need to pray to the football gods , that his knee does not explode this season

...aye, hoping the pope blesses his knees, we're gonna need him!

Cory

Brutal loss last night, Falcons played slightly less awful and got the W. I figured we'd drop one of the first 3 because of chemistry issues, didnt think it was gonna be this one....and Dan Quinn out-coached Chip.

The play calling didnt help Bradford, it was like looking at Andy Reid all over again. The QB is struggling so rather run the ball to help him out, make him throw 50 check downs. Bradford got comfortable with his main read being short of the sticks 98% of the time. Having Maxwell out on the proverbial "island" against Julio was never going to work, Patrick Peterson got torched last year in the same way. Now getting torched by Roddy White on slants is another story, Maxwell needs a big game aginst Dez-less Cowgirls to redeem himself.

oh,

Black Death

Jon

I thought we played awful (obviously) in the first half and played more like ourselves in the second half.

This is a game we should have won, but it is what it is.

Bradford started looking comfortable in 2nd half minus he can't throw down the field, but we need to get a run game established. Murray was doing his best McCoy impression by running north and south... I'd like to see him just go forward.

Thought we should have gone for it on 4th and short rather then kick the FG... that's something Chip usually does, so I was shocked to us go for 3 and figures we go and miss the FG, which I don't blame Parkey for as it looked like a rushed snap and everything.

Overall, saw some things I liked and some things I didn't.

Bring on the 'Boys!

Cory

Quote from: Jon on September 15, 2015, 01:09:25 PM

Thought we should have gone for it on 4th and short rather then kick the FG... that's something Chip usually does, so I was shocked to us go for 3 and figures we go and miss the FG, which I don't blame Parkey for as it looked like a rushed snap and everything.

This too....a FG wouldnt have been enough either. Falcons would of had the ball with over 2 minutes left and we we're stopping Julio at any point in that game, unless they kept trying that failed screen pass for the 6th time. Their kicker is automatic from 50 and under.

I feel bad for Matthews though, our best offensive player last night.

Mike Powers

*Would HAVE or WOULD'VE. Not "would of". C'mon man!

Jon

Mike Powers

"Would of" is the bane of my existence. It's not like I corrected a dangling participle or something.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 15, 2015, 02:43:11 PM
"Would of" is the bane of my existence. It's not like I corrected a dangling participle or something.

I got your dangling participle right here !!