News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EXCITING!!

Started by Knuckles, October 25, 2015, 09:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

It happens dude, it's always better to vent and get it out. If it stays in your head it bounces around constantly until it drives you crazy. Once you speak what you're thinking or - my personal way - write it down, it's an outlet, it lets off some steam and you can think a bit more clearly :)

Glad we could help ya dude  :grouphug:

TimBucktuo

Dude, no worries. What you feel is pretty normal, I felt that way when I found out that both my mids were boys (I always dreamed of having daughters and how awesome and amazing that was supposed posed to be). You have a lifetime of dreams of what you thought your perfect family would feel like.

Just wait til you hold her and hear her first sounds. That disappointment goes away real fast (for guys)

Justin

This is coming from a someone who was raised by a man that was not my birth father, but he is the man I call dad.  He and my mother got together when I was younger than one and my brother was 5 and raised us as if we were his own.  Today, he and my mother our divorced so technically speaking he has no relation to me, but he is still the man I consider my dad, not step-dad, but dad and will always be my dad. 

I say all that to say this; it takes a special person to take in someone who already has children and help to raise them.  It seems from your point of view that they might not call you dad, but I'm sure you are there for them and take care and make sure they want for nothing.  So whether they call you dad or not, that is something you should be commended for.  Not many men out there that will take on those responsibilities.

I understand your "every man wants a son" comment, but at the end of the day when you're daughter is born you are going to feel complete.  My daughter is very blood that runs through my veins and is the reason I get up every morning and try to be a better person than I was yesterday.  Right now you're just feeling the initial let down of not having a boy, coupled with the other circumstances you have going on.  But as time goes by that feeling will fade and the overwhelming feeling of you becoming a dad to a precious girl will set in and you will feel amazing.

T-Bonizzle

Dude you can certainly talk to us, we're chill.

Also my mother didn't get married till I was about 7, and in most respects I consider my step-father to be my father, so I wouldn't worry about either.

Knuckles

u better believe i consider them my kids lol. and yes its a LOT to take in. just a couple years ago i was single and then became the father of 3 kids on top of the health care provider for my wife who is disabled. i had to give up my 18 year culinary arts career to stay home full time. i was a sous chef for a fine dining restaurant. i cook n clean n so other things a nurse might do. so yes its a lot to take in and gets somewhat overwhelming. thats y u guys r stuck looking at my ugly mug :p

The Refreshing drink....

Duckman

I don't have any kids, or a step-Dad so I'm not really in a place to comment.  But this Kurt Cobain lyric sprang to mind when reading this thread:

"I tried hard to have a father but instead I had a Dad."

I think as long as whoever it is that's the father figure in a child's life loves them, looks after them, protects and provides, then they're the definition of a father.  As Justin said, it takes someone very special to be a father to a child that isn't there own by birth.  Any loser can be a Dad, but a father is something very special.  Just remember that man, stay positive and I'm sure once the initial shock and stress of things settles down, you and your family will be just fine.

And I'm sure that daughter of yours will quickly become the most important woman in the world to you.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Knuckles

the way i see it, im now stuck buying 3 high powered tasers instead of 2 :p

The Refreshing drink....