News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Project..

Started by Knuckles, November 10, 2015, 09:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knuckles

i started working on a project to help keep my mind off of things (given my past couple weeks). something positive and challenging. so i decided that im taking apart my gamecube and turning it into a handheld portable. not much to it really but will involve some soldering which im learning and ive chosen to use an old empty desktop tower for its sheet metal to fashion a case out of so essentially metal cutting. will also run games off of SD card rather than disks so i can DL the games instead of buying the hard copies and since its the original system, it isnt emulation.

wish me luck :)

The Refreshing drink....

Black Death

Good luck... plus you know you crazy right... lol

Give us an update when your done
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Knuckles

Quote from: Black Death on November 10, 2015, 11:12:20 AM
Good luck... plus you know you crazy right... lol

Give us an update when your done

yes yes i no :p but if i wasnt, would i still be loved?

i see lots of them on youtube, i see people doing it all the time. ill be posting pix when i get the chance

The Refreshing drink....

Knuckles

just got the case in bought off of amazon. its gonna be 10x7x2. seems a lil large but trust me its worth having a little extra space in it so i dont have to solder anything. i also was originally planning to use it with the controls on each side of the screen but had to switch plans. due to controller constraints, it will most certainly be more of an over sized gameboy rather than a gamegear type handheld.

just need my mod chips and security key to open the GC then im off to work and fabrication....

The Refreshing drink....

Knuckles

blew the screens, had to buy a new 1. got something smaller so ill need to fashion a new case as well. the good news tho is that the new lcd screen is 12v so it shouldnt blow this time.

The Refreshing drink....