News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

elections...

Started by Knuckles, February 29, 2016, 03:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

ChrisShields

Quote from: Knuckles on November 10, 2016, 07:53:59 PM
define terrorist? because if i walk into a mall with a bomb with the intention of "terrorizing" people that makes me a terrorist even though im not muslim so plz be more specific. the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is nothing more than point of view....
A person who wishes to do harm to a country and it's citizens. Did I ever once say that all muslims are terrorists, like you seem to be implying? Fact is, there are literally thousands of people, some that potentially have ties to terrorists organization and are wanting to use the refugee status to get in to the country so that they can harm American citizens. There's already been multiple reports of them using false identities. We have to have a way to at least make sure they are who they say they are. Our first responsibility is to our own citizens, not the rest of the World.

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 10, 2016, 05:28:53 PM
The Mexico wall, the stopping of Muslim immigration, the deportations.....he's said quite a few racist things.

Stopping ILLEGAL immigration is racist?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

He proposed stopping LEGAL Muslim immigration.  The deportations would include legals and illegals alike.  The wall is thinly veiled propaganda.

I think I'm going to politely bow out of this thread.  I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat.  What I am is a sensible guy with two eyes to see what's right in front of him.  There is far too much 'rose colored glasses' viewing going on (on both sides of the aisle) for me to not get frustrated talking to people.

Jon

Quote from: Justin on November 10, 2016, 04:30:25 PM
A few things...it only takes one.  Plus his actions over the years as a businessman also point towards it.  He's been sued multiple times back in the 80s and 90s for not renting to people of color among some other dealings. 

He's accused a judge of not being able to do his job because he's Mexican.  But even further, the man is a sexist and obviously doesn't respect women whatsoever and he's said (which I understand he didn't know he was being recorded) that he's basically sexually assaulted women.

And I will agree, Clinton wasn't much better of a candidate and the only reason I voted for her was because the state I live in is a swing state and I knew my vote was needed, but dude is just outright a terrible human being.

Well he never denounced them either until days later.

Justin, I understand what your are saying. And the things you brought up steel things I saw when I did a search. However, and not to make excuses... what has he actually physically done or personally said that is racist? I've seen things other have said he's done or others have said he's said... but I just haven't seen any proof of him actually being racist. Yet those on social media and even in person talk about him like they have personally seen this racism themselves. It makes me a little confused.

As far as the women abuse... yeah, he's a pig. It's a big reason I chose not to vote for him. I don't support his behavior in any way shape or form. But I also didn't think too highly of Hillary and I'm not one of those people who go... but my party needs this vote. I don't have a party. I have my own morales and beliefs and I chose to vote for someone that I would like to represent my vote, if that makes sense.

I've just seen a lot of hate towards Trump and I get it... most of it is just. But a lot of it seems to be media propaganda and the Clinton supporters and the Trump haters supporting it.

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 10, 2016, 10:16:18 PM
He proposed stopping LEGAL Muslim immigration.  The deportations would include legals and illegals alike.  The wall is thinly veiled propaganda.

I think I'm going to politely bow out of this thread.  I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat.  What I am is a sensible guy with two eyes to see what's right in front of him.  There is far too much 'rose colored glasses' viewing going on (on both sides of the aisle) for me to not get frustrated talking to people.

I don't mean to sound uninformed, but I may be. Can you link e to a credible source so I can inform myself further?

ChrisShields

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 10, 2016, 10:16:18 PM

He proposed stopping these refugees being rushed through the system because they weren't being properly vetted. He never once said anything about deporting legal immigrants. If you are here on a work visa or something similar or immigrated in to this country legally, you have nothing to worry about. Was it thinly veiled propaganda back when Bill Clinton talked about building a wall? Because I seem to remember praise for that.

Jon

I read somewhere that Hillary Clinton wanted a wall built as well. Google search says 2006. Does that make her racist too?

Jon

And I'm not trying to come at this with the angle as if Trump is better. As an american, I'm trying to better understand where all this hate and fear of Trump is really stemming from. I don't like him as an individual, but I don't sit in the same type of fear I've seen others talk about.

I just hope our country is still able to come together and continue to build on the good things regardless of what our government plans to do. We are stronger than I think we even know.

Rob

There have been instances in the past where Hilary has said racist things.

I'm no expert but I think half the problem was if you dislike Trump enough you HAVE to like the other candidate. Hilary is her own kind of evil and the electoral saw that too.

As for racist things Trump has said? Off the top of my head, suggesting Mexicans are rapists and drug lords...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

He definitely could have worded things differently...

But there has been a large portion of illegal immigrants involved in drug trafficking, violence, and sex-abuse related cases. So he's not entirely wrong. There are a lot of bad people, mixed with good, yes, that freely cross into the United States.

Someone can correct me if I interrupted what Trump wants do as wrong but I believe what he wants to do is have each individual go through the proper channels to gain access into this country. That way it's the good only that come in.

Gravedigger

They both suck. Big time. That's why the vote tally is so close. If either side had a decent candidate their side would have won by a landslide.

I'm with Jon on this one. Donald's said a few stupid things, and may have had a shady practice or two in the past (what major business/businessmen hasn't), but I don't think he's going to run the nation as a racist. "White Power" won't dominate our nation, just like the people who thought Obama would lead an all black takeover of our government... Or Sharia Law (you know, he's a Muslim)... Or Martial Law... Or a Race War...

Truth is that our presidents pretty much all rule as moderates. Don't worry about David Duke getting a cabinet post....

Cory

just dont let Pence take over or all your nations funding will go towards gay conversion camps

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Jon on November 11, 2016, 09:53:05 AM

But there has been a large portion of illegal immigrants involved in drug trafficking, violence, and sex-abuse related cases. So he's not entirely wrong. There are a lot of bad people, mixed with good, yes, that freely cross into the United States.

And there are plenty of American citizens who do the exact same thing.  We are going to throw them out of the country are we?  No, we will continue with our current justice system of locking up minorities for far longer sentences than we do white people.

I digress, though I'd like to say one last comment.  Only in America where "democracy" rules could we mess up something as simple as voting.  Instead of every vote counting as one vote and the majority wins, we have an electorate college.

Jon

Quote from: Justin on November 11, 2016, 12:43:48 PM
And there are plenty of American citizens who do the exact same thing.  We are going to throw them out of the country are we?  No, we will continue with our current justice system of locking up minorities for far longer sentences than we do white people.

I digress, though I'd like to say one last comment.  Only in America where "democracy" rules could we mess up something as simple as voting.  Instead of every vote counting as one vote and the majority wins, we have an electorate college.

What does LEGAL Americans have to do with ILLEGAL immigrants?

I've always hated the electoral college but I understand there has to be something in effect to count for the lesser states with less population. If we didn't have an electoral college then California, New York, Texas, and Florida would decide our president. People in California have different polices needs/wants then someone from Montana. Someone from Texas differs from someone in Vermont. I understand the gripe about the EC, but I also understand the need as well.