News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Forum Error

Started by Cory, November 15, 2016, 02:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Hey all; Judge

So when im trying to edit my MMA Rankings thread since the forum changes, I get this error that says The Message Body was left Empty and trying to do a quick google search it seems like its been a common error on SMF forums. I dont know if the word count limit or something had changed or something like that, but it's like 6600 characters which doesnt seem too crazy to me. So it didn't let me save the post after editing, and to do a test I copied the post and tried to start a new topic and I got the same error. I don't know if anyone else with a long post could try and edit and see if they get the same error or not.

It doesnt seem to be an error in regards to editing a post as Ive been able to edit/save other posts that I have around the forums.

here's a screen shot.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

Did you type it in Word?  Sometimes when you copy/paste from word that happens.

Cory

No, just editing a post that ive updated monthy since 2009.

Cory

I removed all of the coding and it worked. Judge, do you know if there is a word limit/character limit for a post on the forums?

Either way I got it working, just less fancy.

Judge

I've got the post size limit turned off however there might be technical limitations.  You could probably break the post up into two or 3 posts and achieve the same effect with the formatting.

Cory

Alright cool thanks man.