The Experts: What Happens Next?

Started by Alex Smiley, July 15, 2018, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Hey everyone, just wanted to start off by thanking each and every one of you, once again, for being a part of The Experts Invitational in some way, shape, or form. It means a heck of a lot to me that you were willing to come back to this crazy hobby (or at least, to come back to this corner of said hobby lol), and I appreciate everyone's patience as I dealt with some issues at home while trying to get the show up. That said, with the show finally done and dusted, we've had our chance to look back at what makes this game fun...and now it's time to move forward.

Upon arriving at the forums to read this post, you might have noticed a few changes...namely the creation of something called The Experts Network. I've had some ideas for this for a while, but a chat with Strike helped really push this idea forward. What is The Experts Network, you ask? It is the home of Experts events, the historical archives, and something more: shows and other content from other feds as conversations are had and agreements are made. I'm pleased to announce the first partnership for the Network, as we present shows from Pro Wrestling RAIDEN, starting with their debut event coming in a couple weeks, "Operation Intrude N313"!

A similar announcement involves something that ties back in with the Experts Invitational: Fuerza Pro will be presenting its shows on the Network, starting with its debut event "Embrace The World In Gray"! You're probably wondering, what the heck is Fuerza Pro, anyway? Well, Fuerza Pro was an idea I had for a fed a while back, heavily inspired by CHIKARA with a similar vibe for storylines (hence the way stories played out at the Invitational, FYI). I kept putting it on the back burner because I didn't have the time to try to run something on a weekly basis...and that's where the story coming out of the Invitational comes into play. I'll be posting some more story pieces soon, but the idea is that Legion reopens the Academia Fuerza wrestling school and the Fuerza Pro promotion that comes with it. What does that mean for future Experts events?

It's a different kind of underground.

The next show (and other shows under the Fuerza Pro banner) will be much smaller in scale, while still delivering some fun storylines and matches. There will still be bigger shows officially under the Experts banner, such as the Extreme Tournament and Rival Factions, but I thought it'd be cool to do something a little different in between those big shows. With that in mind, sign-ups for "Embrace The World In Gray" will open up tomorrow. Right now there is one match semi-booked, pending a response from the parties involved:

A Legend Returns!
Black Death vs Maverick Jones

More info on Fuerza Pro will be posted tomorrow when I post the sign-ups for the show. I'm very excited for this next chapter in the story of The Experts. There's one more thing I wanna touch on with this announcement...the Extreme Tournament. In years past we've seen some variations on how it's run, but I had an idea for a big overhaul...but I wanted to run it by you guys first, and get your thoughts. I've been thinking of making it a round robin tournament in the vein of the G1 Climax in New Japan, with two (or more) groups of wrestlers competing for a chance to make it to the finals. Similar to the group stages of the 2011 Extreme Tournament (and the World Cup, lol), wrestlers would receive points for winning their matches, and the wrestler that ranks first of each block after a set number of matches would go on to the finals (which would be a Supercard all its own). As far as numbers, I'm thinking of starting low at 16 or 32 tops, with an allowance for alternates. If you guys are up for this idea, I'll work out the rest of the details including how the matches would be structured.

Feel free to let me know what you think of any of this, I'm open to your feedback as always! Thanks, y'all.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.