News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Fuck List

Started by Gary, June 30, 2010, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Quote from: Russ on October 10, 2013, 08:11:06 PM
America's healthcare system is literally so ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone (aside from the hospital owners) wouldn't back state-funded healthcare...

J-Reb

Quote from: Russ on October 10, 2013, 08:11:06 PM
America's healthcare system is literally so ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone (aside from the hospital owners) wouldn't back state-funded healthcare...

Because you haven't seen how everything else state funded in America is run.

Russ

Surely it's got to be better than charging ridiculously huge bills for healthcare and thus leaving good, honest, hard-working people like Jag struggling?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

J-Reb

Quote from: Russ on October 10, 2013, 08:22:38 PM
Surely it's got to be better than charging ridiculously huge bills for healthcare and thus leaving good, honest, hard-working people like Jag struggling?

Nobody is winning here.  I'm a good, hard-working person that just saw my premiums double.  I can't afford this "Affordable Health Care Act."  Honestly, they jumped what I pay already for my mortgage in a month, and we live well below our means as it is.

The whole thing belongs in the F-list.  Because it's all a mess.

Justin

Hospitals here charge $80 for one ibuprofen (sp?) pill.  I could buy 200 bottles for that price.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

We have a two tiered system here in the UK which works very well. We have our NHS system which despite general moany Brits is wonderfully run, which we have had since the late 40s after the 2nd World War. Or you can get private medical and dental cover by paying kind of similar to what you guys have with medical coverage. A lot of mid to high level executive jobs offer private medical as part of a benefits package for employees and in some case private dental. My wife has private dental, but doesn't receive a contribution from her work. Instead she pays about £15.00 a month, but if she needs major surgery (ala at the moment she is having some dental work done on a rouge wisdom tooth) which could cost hundreds of pounds then she gets it as part of her package, none of this pre-exsisting shit.

I have been offered private medical as part of my packagae at work, but so far have refused to go down that route because despite their being a contribution from my employee there would also be a contribution from myself. This is how much faith I have in the NHS system, that I have forgone a minimal amount not to go private. Saying that I have seen a consultant about my pack problems who charges by the session rather than use the NHS.

Jag, I said to you about 2-3 months ago or whenever it was fella there are two ways of looking at this. Way 1 is to sit there and get yourself super depressed about this mate, which naturally you are going to be regardless or try and fight it. I appreciate the fighting it part is hard, but start writing to people, start involving local media, get a petition going...given the current state of the US Government shut down this is probably a time where a story like yours is very news worthy. At the end of the day your end result is that you dont want and shouldnt have to pay that ridiculous amount of money, but you got to fight it mate. DO NOT LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU! Stand up and be counted!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gravedigger

Rebel is right about Health Care not being the only thing that is run like shit here in the States right now. Our government is being run by a bunch of morons who want to "win" for their party, not think about what the current stalemate might do to the rest of us. As for "Obamacare", I only go to the doctor every few years, so it's better for me to take the penalty for not having insurance, rather than pay insurance premiums each month. I think I still qualify, barely, for subsidized premiums, so I could get them at a discount, but it still costs quite a bit more than the penalty.

I'd have more faith in a federally funded system if our health care wasn't run like a business, and was more concerned with the health of the citizens.

Goldferg

Fucking day team cunts at work trying to get me fired over the pettiest of fucking reasons. Seriously considering making a formal complaint of my own because this is turning into mallicious harrassment. Hopefully this new position comes through and I can get away from them for good.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

Quote from: Goldferg on October 15, 2013, 07:18:48 PM
Fucking day team cunts at work trying to get me fired over the pettiest of fucking reasons. Seriously considering making a formal complaint of my own because this is turning into mallicious harrassment. Hopefully this new position comes through and I can get away from them for good.

Can't you just, like, go Transporter on em?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Goldferg

that's plan B Hondage
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Mike Powers

So, Maine had an ice storm. I was letting my dogs outside and managed to slip and fall down my back stairs. Hit my back and arm. Apparently have a small fracture in my right arm (I'm right handed). Going to see an orthopedic doc tomorrow. Arm is splinted and in a sling. Back hurts like a mother.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Duckman

Ugh, man that's harsh.  Right before Christmas too.  Hopefully you get better soon.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Mike Powers

Thanks Duckman, appreciate it.

As an update, I saw the orthopedist today. Luckily no surgery and no cast. Apparently, where the break is right at the elbow joint, they want me to have a little range of motion, as opposed to full immobilization. It will heal better that way, but also be more painful.

Strict orders of not lifting anything heavier than a pound until my next appointment in 2 weeks. Also will be out of work for 4-6 weeks. Short term disability will pay 2/3 of my salary, AFTER 2 weeks, which will use up ALL of my vacation time to make up the difference.

*sigh*

Life sure is funny isn't it?

Goldferg

<inserts witty '1-handed typing' joke here>

Sabra

YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO HURT YOURSELF MORE.

Good God.

*huggle*

Quote from: Mike Powers on December 23, 2013, 05:15:24 PM
Thanks Duckman, appreciate it.

As an update, I saw the orthopedist today. Luckily no surgery and no cast. Apparently, where the break is right at the elbow joint, they want me to have a little range of motion, as opposed to full immobilization. It will heal better that way, but also be more painful.

Strict orders of not lifting anything heavier than a pound until my next appointment in 2 weeks. Also will be out of work for 4-6 weeks. Short term disability will pay 2/3 of my salary, AFTER 2 weeks, which will use up ALL of my vacation time to make up the difference.

*sigh*

Life sure is funny isn't it?

This Means Something.

Thank you Meggie for the beautiful signature!