News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

‘Deadpool’ Film Announced for 2016

Started by Fnord, September 18, 2014, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

When test footage of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool hit the internet last month, the internet (mostly) went wild for it. The film has been in various stages of development for years, and though at one point word was that it HAD to be an R-rated movie to do the character justice, Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld recently tweeted otherwise. 20th Century Fox has been wondering what to do with this character for a long time, and you have to imagine that they were pleased with the surge of fan response when the test footage leaked (and even though they pulled down most of the videos circulating online, it's still possible – and maybe even probable – that the studio leaked the footage on purpose to test the waters and see what kind of reaction it would get).

Now The Wrap reports that Fox has announced a February 12th, 2016 release for Deadpool, so it looks like fans got their wish. Ryan Reynolds actually just spoke with the Niagara Falls Review (via CB) and had this to say about the project (before this announcement was made):

QuoteThe movie has been in a state of limbo for a while. There was such an overpowering reaction to the footage, you sort of feel like, 'Oh, so we weren't crazy for our reasons for loving this character, for loving this role.' It's interesting to see the power of the Internet. It's awe-inspiring, actually. And it's neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way.

Source: GeekNation

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Kise

I still don't like that Fox will be creating this but I'll keep an eye out. I've been interested since before Wolverine Origins. The PG-13 rating doesn't bug me, as is the case with most others.