News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Love Guru

Started by The Murph, July 21, 2008, 09:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Murph

Bad isn't really a word that could best describe this piece of crap movie. It is so damn bad Jessica Alba can't even save it. The jokes are made for 13 year old boys, especially considering the most are fart jokes and jokes about Verne Troyer and the fact he's a midget. Like wow, big step up there Mike. When you made Austin Powers and used a lot of less then mature jokes it was ok because you built a funny storyline and had funny characters other then yourself. No one in this movie is funny. And the majority of the jokes all come from Myers himself.

Basically the story is a love guru must reunite a hockey player with his girlfriend so the Toronto Maple Leafs can win the cup. If he can achieve this he will get 2 million dollars and be on Oprah. Yes you read right. That's the storyline. How could that fail with such a quality story? Very fucking easily. This movie is pathetic. When you watch a comedy and don't even laugh once, that's not a good sign. And why the hell is Justin Timberlake in this movie.

Also for a guy who is a huge hockey fan, such as Mike Myers, how could he make so many errors. Apparantly everytime the Leafs score the clock went to 0 seconds. Weird. When there's a stoppage of play the clock stops. If the way Guru Pitka had of distracted the game had actually happened the game would have been thrown out and the Leafs would have forfeited. A couple of times the star player of the time bats the puck out of the air. This is called high sticking. Goal would have been disallowed. When was a ref allowed to suspend a player? And Rob Blake now plays center. Weird how he played defense during all of his career lol. Seriously did anyone notice any of this shit when they were making it.

Just horrible and a must avoid. Not even worth it.

Rating: F for fucking horrible.

TaNK

I've never found Mike Myers to be all that funny, he had his moments in Austin Powers but I haven't found him truly funny since Waynes World.

Dave Johnson

Got it on DVD and I love it.

Mike showed how funny he really can be, I always thought he was funny, but after watching Love Guru, he is freaking hilarious.