News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The White Stripes to Play Conan's Last Show

Started by Tim-Æ, February 11, 2009, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Mark it on your calendars folks. Next Friday (Feb. 20th), @ 12:35 ET, 11:35 CT time, Conan O'Brien officially leaves Late Night for The Tonight Show. I wouldn't typically care too much, but this time its something special.

The White Stripes are performing for the first time since 2007. Last time we heard, Meg was having anxiety problems and that's why the Icky Thump tour was cancelled (I was set to go to the Omaha show). This is huge news actually b/c there's a chance that they will debut a song from their new album. The Stripes release albums every two years (odd years) and for most of their albums (White Blood Cells, Get Behind Me Satan, Icky Thump) the album is recorded in February and released in June. It's 2009, its February, and the White Stripes are definitely needed in rock.

They could of course just play "Seven Nation Army" or "Fell in Love wth a Girl" which is totally cool too. But I'm hoping, nigh, praying for them to debut a new song. Then get added to the Bonnaroo line up.

Next Friday folks, 11:35/12:35 PM. I'm stoked.

oh and Conan's pretty cool too.

Zortalk

Quote from: Timmy the Exploder on February 11, 2009, 06:39:24 PM
Then get added to the Bonnaroo line up.

I'm hoping for Coachella's dismal Saturday lineup.

Alex Smiley

White Stripes? Well, it's good to know we can agree on something, Tim. ;D

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.