News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Big Pink

Started by Tim-Æ, January 03, 2010, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

A gem of 2009 that I just now discovered is The Big Pink. If I could go back and change my list for 2009, I'd probably include this album somewhere on there. It has a modest 8.2 over at Pitchfork, and was a recommendation that I missed back in August. A good mixture of shoe gaze, alternative, and even some pop in there, check out their most well known song Dominoes

I dig it. SUCKKKKAAA!

Rob

Wow I really enjoyed this. I know this song from somewhere though, I think it's on some adverts over here in the UK. The only way I can describe this band is they're a 21st century of Slowdive (see KC's recommendation thread) with a little more emphasis on the vocals.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

It's also on the latest EFK Show as it's one of my top tunes of 2009!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Nice one! I'm listening to the album now. The album's not so much shoegaze but I'm still enjoying them
SixersEagles

[/center]