News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Magicians

Started by Zombie Gunn, February 03, 2010, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

Just finished reading this one today. And I have to say... I'm both amazed and resentful of how powerful the written word can be.

In its simplest form, its about the quest for happiness. The characters are magicians, honing their craft at a school of magic. You're thinking Harry Potter, I know. But truthfully, there's very little comparison. Certain details are similar, some that seemingly are put in there specifically to draw parallels.

But this is a book that somebody like myself can relate to. The idea of discovering a world of magic, of living out your fantasies and the quest for happiness and meaning.

At times, I'm smiling at the progress of Quinton. Other times, I'm deeply saddened, bordering on a mild depression at the sour turns it often takes.

But no question about it, this book is one I will remember for a long time and would recommend.

Black Death

sounds like something i will check out jesse ,  love the world of magic .  also would recommand james patterson's Witch and Wizard , very good stuff right there.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"