News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best New Music: Beach House "Teen Dream"

Started by Tim-Æ, February 03, 2010, 09:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Three piece dream pop band have released two very decent dreamy records, their self titled and 2008's "Devotion" a record that I thoroughly enjoyed but didn't manage to top my lists at all.

Fast forward to 2010, and I'm happy to report their newest album "Teen Dream" is fantastic. A majority of the record is just as dreamy as you'd expect but with a bit more pop than you may think too. It's a well rounded album in my opinion, giving exceptionally strong tracks like the opener "Zebra" as well as the first single "Norway" which dropped onto charts briefly back in late 2009. It flows delicately between each track, and it helps you to slip into exactly what it presents itself as - a dream.

Given that it's dream pop, don't expect a lot of hard guitars, or screaming vocals, this is a chill out record without a doubt. Don't go into it expecting aggressiveness, it's clearly for those just needing to kick back and relax and it does so pretty well, with songs like "Silver Soul" and "Walk in the Park." Thankfully, for me, Beach House will be in Lawrence in April and I'll be checking them out.

I took a listen to the album when it first leaked but I didn't really give it much thought. Now, as I fully digest it, I must say it's one of the best albums so far of the year, and it'll probably crack my top 20, if not the top 10 this year. If you're looking for something fairly mellow, I'd recommend you check out Beach House.

here's their song, and my favorite off the album "Walk in the Park"

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2111-beach-house/3

And just to let everyone know, I'll be keeping track of my top 10 albums in my signature from now on. Take a look!

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]