News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Steelers vs. Cardinals - Super Bowl XLIII

Started by Logan Taylor, January 19, 2009, 01:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

TheEnigmaticOne

*Throws the Breaks on Corey*

I'd say it's a toss up with the AFC West for the worst division in football.  But divisional play isn't like it is in baseball, where the bulk of your games are played against your division. Funny enough though the MLB divisions and NFL divisions somewhat match up when comparing strongest/weakest.

As far as offense goes.  Arizona did very well this year, So did Carolina, but my Saints are and have been labeled the best offense in football for a while now. I'm sure to hear shit about it, but if anyone saw the Monday Night game where New Orleans played Green Bay...I rest my case. Let alone the Saints turn to fuck with Detroit...the numbers and score looked a hell of a lot different than the other teams that took the "gimme game" this year.

All I am going to say is. Almost the entire country is handing this game to Pittsburgh, which I think is a little quick to judge.

Honestly, Philly's Defense was one of the best in the league this year. The DB set up for Philly is actually a lot stronger backfield than Pittsburgh.

I personally went for Carolina to do it all in the playoffs this year. After seeing DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart pretty much maim the entire league. Plus the possibility of Delhomme finding a zone and hitting Smith and Muhammad. I thought they were going to blow through the NFC playoffs.

Arizona handled the normally great pass rush of Carolina, The Consistent pass rush of Atlanta with Abraham, and the air tight pass coverage of the Eagles Secondary. I think they will hold their own against Pittsburgh, and have a great shot at winning this...seeing nobody so far has had an answer for Fitzgerald, Boldin is kind of the dark horse media wise these playoffs. I think it could go either way.

Unless Pittsburgh somehow summons the "bad call" gods into sparing them one more game. That's the only unavoidable thing a team has in dodging from the Steelers. They can shut the Offense, avoid the D, yet some how still lose to Pittsburgh's uncanny way of winning games off bad calls.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Bryan

that was a really close game. i almost thought the Cardinals had it for a minute...you have to give them credit, they did a lot better than people expected.

Double G

Quote from: Br26 on February 01, 2009, 10:45:17 PM
that was a really close game. i almost thought the Cardinals had it for a minute...you have to give them credit, they did a lot better than people expected.

True.

Philly still should've won.

Now Pittsburgh can claim being the greatest franchise and the adage that defense wins championships is true.

Logan Taylor

I am so sick and tired of the shady officials in the NFL today. This was a repeat of Super Bowl XL with the Steelers getting all the advantages in the world from the officials. There were so many dumb calls against the Cards and also so many things the Steelers did that the refs just looked past it was sickening. For example, Harrison throws a punch at one of the Cardinal players over by the sidelines, a ref is there and sees it all go down and yet he gets nothing, not even a personal foul. Fucker should have been tossed from the game.  Sure, the Steelers won and my hats off to them for winning, but it will always be a tainted win if you ask me.