Main Menu

Free Agency Discussion

Started by Cory, February 27, 2009, 11:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Kellen Winslow Jr (TE) from Browns to Bucs
Albert Haynesworth (DT) from Titans to 'Skins for 7yr/100mil
Bart Scott (LB) from Ravens to Jets

Sadest moment in football....it is rumoured that 13 year Eagles Safety Brian Dawkins is 'close' to signing to the Broncos. It is all just a rumour as no where as of right now has confirmed, but I hope to god that with the 48 million cap space the Eagles have, they sign Dawkins. If not, I'm going to work and will fuck people up.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Blankman

Well, Haynesworth is set. 41 mil guaranteed? Gotta give the guy props, though. That's like the NFL equivilent of an A-Rod signing. Now maybe we can get some more defensive players winning the Heisman. :)

Cory

He is unblockable, until he meets Jon Runyan when they play Philly.

Cory

Its been confirmed. Dawkins signed a 17mil - 5yr contract with the Broncos. He wont play another 5 years, but Im still shocked that the Eagles let him go. They dont have a better replacement, and he was the heart and soul of that team.

I dont think Joe Banner knows that you dont get any super bowls with 45 million in cap space.

Double G

Quote from: Cory on February 28, 2009, 02:45:59 PM
Its been confirmed. Dawkins signed a 17mil - 5yr contract with the Broncos. He wont play another 5 years, but Im still shocked that the Eagles let him go. They dont have a better replacement, and he was the heart and soul of that team.

I dont think Joe Banner knows that you dont get any super bowls with 45 million in cap space.

You don't?

Grrr, of course you don't. And you don't win championships without a solid defense either. We now have a massive hole in our defense.

As far as Haynesworth, that's a lot of cash for a DE as far as I can tell.

Just what NFC East needs, another threat.

JohnS.

This free agency has been gut-wrenching. When they let Dawkins walks, I almost puked. The recent safties we've signed together can't add up to the player that Dawkins was, but I hope they prove me wrong. I HOPE they make me eat my words, but...I highly doubt it. We still have a chance to make a big pickup in FA, with names like Marvin Harrison and such still out there, but the Eagles have said they don't want to take a WR in FA. BUT...they are rumored to be interested in Tori Holt if the Rams release him. I think we really need to use all of these extra picks that we've acquired to trade up in the draft and pick up a WR, and we definitely need to pick up Beanie Wells. There is a lot of hype around this Moreno guy, but that LASTthing we need is another Westbrook/Booker type RB. Give me someone with some freakin weight! Someone who is gonna HURT the guys he runs into. Bring Beanie to Philly!!

Cory

If not Beanie, Texas A&M runnings back, Javorski Lane. Buddy is like 6'1, 240. Hes like a young Brandon Jacobs.

JohnS.

Yeah Lane is nasty, but I don't know if the Eagles would look at him because he is pushing 300 pounds, and some view him as not being a team player. Either way, I would be happy with Lane or Wells.

Blankman

If I had to choose, I'd pick Beanie 10 times out of 10.