News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Superbowl Picks

Started by Goonboy, September 29, 2009, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goonboy

Just thought it would be cool to get everybody's early superbowl picks and to see what y'all think about who is ahead and what not in the nfl.

I think The Saints are leading the NFL right now and wouldn't be surprised to see them heading to the big game..

My superbowl pick is

NFC: The Saints (winner)

vs.

AFC: The Stealers

I think when Polamalu returns, the stealers will rejuvenate their game plan. I think it will come down to the colts and stealers with the stealers moving on.

The colts aren't looking real strong but some how, some way they always seem to find a way to win, They're a comeback team, mostly because they're a veteran team.

I know alot of people are looking for the Jets to continue on but they have a rookie QB and rookie QB's don't do well in big games.

The Saints are looking real good so far, putting up big numbers and in my opinion, Brees is owning the nfl right now. I think it might come down to the saints and vikings with the saints moving on.

Cory

Im at a crossroads. Being and Eagles fan I think this year is our year. Arguable the best o-line in the NFL, an amazing D dispite missing Dawkins and our top LB, and once McNabb is healthy a top offense.

If the Steelers get Polamalu back they might make a push but right now:

Eagles/Ravens

or Eagles/Jets

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

I dont really like making predictions before the season, namely because there are too many variables. What if a team's star player goes down to injury? What if a team in their division gets hot? What if they don't live up to expectations? But with five weeks elapsed, I think we can see a slightly clearer picture into possible playoff races. Let's break it down. (cue DX music here)

AFC East
Jets 3-2
Pats 3-2
Dolphins 2-3
Bills 1-4

The Jets and Pats are the two standout teams in this division. The Fins have shown sparks, but they have a long way to go. And sorry Jag, but the Bills just suck. But with the Jets having a rook QB starter, expect him to falter at times. Look for the Pats to win this division.

(Projections aren't mathematically correct)

PREDICTION

Pats 12-4
Jets 10-6
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 4-12

AFC North

Bengals 4-1
Ravens 3-2
Steelers 3-2
Browns 1-4

I'm an admitted Bengals mark, so it's a little hard for me to be objective here. But I think that defense is well-improved over last year. Whether its enough to make a playoff run remains to be seen. The Ravens looked really good at first, but it looks like they've softened a bit these last few games. Especially that defense. Maybe age is catching up to them, I don't know. The Steelers should be better with Polamalu back on the field. And the Browns...well...they're the Browns.

PREDICTIONS
Ravens 12-4
Bengals 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Browns 3-13

AFC SOUTH
Colts 5-0
Jags 2-3
Texans 2-3
Titans 0-5

The Colts are playing excellent football right now, but you'd have to say that Peyton Manning is the chief reason. If he's out of the equation, then this race is wide open. Both the Jags and Texans are Jeckyll/Hyde teams, in which you don't know what team is gonna show up on any given day. And I have NO idea what's happening to the Titans. Well, one thing I guess is that their defensive line is horrible.

PREDICTIONS

Colts 13-3
Jags 10-6
Texans 9-7
Titans 5-11

AFC WEST
Broncos 5-0
Chargers 2-2
Raiders 1-4
Chiefs 0-5

The Chargers look like they've completely lost their swagger. At the beginning of the season, I wouldn't have thought that the Chargers would be .500 at this point and not leading this division. The Broncos have been really surprising, though. A rook head coach and a journeyman (and even THAT term is stretching it a bit) QB and they're 5-0?? But they've been doing it with defense, and doing it well. But the road ahead is only gonna get tougher from here on out. Orton is gonna hafta step up in big ballgames. The Raiders suck and the Chiefs suck, not much more can be said.

PREDICTIONS
Broncos 11-5
Chargers 8-8
Chiefs 5-11
Oakland 2-14

So accordingly, that makes our AFC playoff teams the Colts, Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Bengals and Jets. (Jets edging the Jaguars) Out of those six, the Colts are playing the best Football on the whole. So I’ll take them as my AFC Super Bowl Team

NFC EAST

Giants 5-0
Eagles 3-1
Cowboys 3-2
Redskins 2-3

The Giants and Eagles are the best of the division, and it’ll probably be a firefight to the very end to see who comes out on top. The Cowboys look shaky, and they’re not gonna get any better at this stage with Romo as their QB. He’s got the talent, but he just can’t lead a football team. The Skins are a lot worse than their 2-3 record implies.

PREDICTIONS

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Cowboys 9-7
Redskins 5-11

NFC NORTH

Vikings 5-0
Bears 3-1
Packers 2-2
Lions 1-4

As with the NFC East, the Vikes and Bears will duke it out till the very end. Favre is playing like a man who has something to prove (whether I like him or not), and the rest of that team isn’t too shabby either. The Bears are one Jay Cutler brainfart game away from being undefeated. The Packers’ offense is good, but their defense is underachieving badly. The Lions are several years away from contending, but they are better than last year. (Of course, they had nowhere else to go but up I guess)

PREDICTIONS

Vikings 12-4
Bears 11-5
Packers 8-8
Lions 4-12

NFC SOUTH

Saints 4-0
Falcons 3-1
Panthers 1-3
Buccaneers 0-5

Drew Brees is playing some incredibly good football right now, but do they have enough to make it down the stretch? The Falcons have been a pleasant surprise and should continue playing well. This year will be the end of both the Jake Delhomme and John Fox eras in Carolina. Maybe Cowher will come in next year for the rebuilding project. The Bucs sucks, I mean, they’re horrible. Just…just bad.

PREDICTIONS

Falcons 13-3
Saints 11-5
Panthers 5-11
Buccaneers 3-13

NFC WEST

49ers 3-2
Cardinals 2-2
Seahawks 2-3
Rams 0-5

Out of all the divisions in football, this one is the hardest to gauge. The Niners, Cards and Hawks are exactly the same, in that they look like world-beaters one day and shoeshine boys the next. You could more or less flip a quarter  (a three sided one in this case) to see who wins the division. There are serious problems in St. Louis right now, with bad draft picks over the years coming back to haunt them. Look for them to begin rebuilding soon.

PREDICTIONS

49ers 10-6
Seahawks 10-6
Cardinals 9-7
Rams 3-13

So that makes our NFC playoff teams the Falcons, Vikings, Giants, 49ers, Bears and Saints. (Edging Saints over Eagles). Out of those six, on all sides of the ball, the Vikings have the best chance of advancing.

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION

Colts 24. Vikings 18

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty