News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Heisman?

Started by Cory, November 29, 2009, 12:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Who do you all think is going to get it?

My nod goes to Toby Gerhart. He has 10 more TD's and a ar worse o-line than Ingram has at 'Bama.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

I think barring a disaster in the Big 12 Championship, Colt McCoy might have won it with the way he performed against A&M.  I know one game isn't enough but he's slowly gotten better and better this season.

Exile

Honestly I think Ingram played himself out of it with the auburn game. Plus he got hurt and wont be 100% for the SEC game. i think its tebows to lose right now. if he falters in sec game its colts

Cory

damn, no love for the only white running back in 50 years.

Doug E Fresh

Gearhart is sweet no doubt.  I think it comes down to the level of competition and if numbers are similar to a guy from the SEC or Big 12, then he's at a disadvantage.  I know the touchdowns may be higher but that might not be enough of a selling point when you have awful teams like Notre Dame, Washington State, Wake Forest, and San Jose State on your schedule.  Hell I might throw in Arizona State as awful this year too.

Hondo

I'd say that it's McCoy's to lose. You'd think it would be Tebow, but he's looked oddly mortal since the Kentucky game when Wyndham knocked him stupid. (And for the record, Go Big Blue!)

No one else really stands out at the moment. Ingram hasn't had the kind of total season needed. Eric Berry is overrated. Gerhart maybe. After those names, who do you really have? You got the kid from Clemson (Spiller? Im not recalling the name 100% right meow) and the QB from Cincinnati (Pike?), but he's been down with injuries and doesnt have that total season.

All in all, seems to be a weak Heisman class. JMO.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

CJ Spiller is good too, but I think hell be lucky to get top 5 nod.

Ryan Ruckus

Cory

Tebow is arguably my favourite QB anywhere now, (him and Roethlisberger) but I dont know if his stats are good enough. If wins were counted and talent, Tebow hands down, but if it comes to stats, I still think Gerhart gets it.

Doug E Fresh

As it was said above, Tim Tebow has seemed mortal this year.  Statistically, McCoy has the edge.  If he doesn't beat up Nebraska and Ingram sucks it against Florida , then Gearhart may have a good chance.  Again, it really comes down to who you play.  Troy Smith won the Heisman because he had a tough schedule but he definitely was not even a top 5 quarterback statistically.

Right now if voting were today, it might end like so.  This is my mock top 5.

1) McCoy
2) Ingram
3) Tebow
4) Gearhart
5) Spiller

Spiller has no chance Clemson just isn't a good enough team.
Stanford didn't do enough for Gearhart.

The other three will all pan out after Saturday and you'll notice they all play for undefeated teams who play good schedules.

Black Death

ingram will more then likely win
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Hondo

You know...the more I read about this Suh kid from Nebraska, the more I want him to win it. But it doesn't matter HOW good he is since he plays defense. And you know how much Heisman voters hate that.

I still say it's McCoy's to lose though.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Doug E Fresh

This morning they were saying it's coming down to Ingram and Gearhart.

More I look over things, the more I kinda want Gearhart to win it.

Black Death

ingram over Gearhart in closes race ever

I call it , first Alabama player ever to win it
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Doug E Fresh

very deserving too.  fact of the matter is that he put up all those numbers against the best defenses playing in the SEC