News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Hook my Desktop to my TV

Started by Cory, May 31, 2012, 08:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Im looking to hook my HP Desktop to my TV...but I dont think I have a HDMI outlet on the back of my computer, so is there anyway to do this? I got a new flat screen TV, so I assume it would work....but does anyone know how to do this?

**Link to my CPU specs**
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01485373&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3747354)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

I know the VGA/VGA connection...but my monitor is currently plugged into that, so I dont wanna have to unhook my monitor everytime I want to watch something on my TV.

Cory

Right now I got it working through my Xbox/Windows Media Center...but yeah still open to suggestions.

Judge

Unless you want to buy a pricy wireless streamer that may or may not work well, VGA is your best option if you don't have HDMI on your laptop.

Other than that, Windows Media Center is probably the next best thing.  If you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3 you can get a UPNP server and the Xbox/PS3 will stream the files from your laptop to that.  There was a thread posted about that, let me see if I can dig it up.

Judge

J-Reb

You can purchase a VGA to HDMI adapter. I have one run to a laptop and a projector and it works well for me.

Cory

Yeah Ill just watch it through my xbox...now I gotta convert everything to .wmv tho, fuck sakes.

I got the codecs to watch Mp4/AVI on Media player....but the xbox wont read it.

Judge

Windows Media Center extender only works with WMV files, even if you installed the codec pack on your PC.

I'd highly suggest you find a UPNP server (TVersity, PS3 Media server - works with Xbox) and stream that way.  You'll be able to use the "Videos" app on the Xbox like you're going to play a file from the thumb drive or something, and browse your network that way.

Ty

Return the TV, get a projector.  Less than $500 for 20,000ish of bulb life.

http://shop.benq.us/ProductCategory.aspx?id=9&name=Digital Projector