The Witcher 3-Wild Hunt announced and it will be the last Witcher game

Started by Chris Stern, February 05, 2013, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

In case you missed it,  the hinted at next game from CD Projekt RED(the one mentioned in the hidden message in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer) was to no surprise the Witcher 3,sadly this is slated to be the final game in the series(boo) but they promise that this game will remove the QTE's, improve the combat system and open up the game world all of which have been complaints that I had of the Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings so it's nice to see those are getting worked on. Don't get me wrong I love the Witcher games especially 2 but I honestly would of loved it more without the QTE's and the slightly linear gameplay, also hopefully the don't screw up the story since the Witcher 2 was Game of thrones level epic. Seriously it probably was one of the best stories I had ever seen in a RPG, it wasn't  Planescape Torment level but it was up there certainly better then what I been seeing from Final Fantasy of late(Dear Square 13 sucked and the vast majority of us don't care about Lightning).

Looks like I'm going to have to do some upgrading since I'm sure this is going to be a rig killer much like Witcher 2 was.

source:  http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-be-the-last-witcher-game/