News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros 4

Started by Stoner, October 23, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Stoner

So, a BIG announcement today about Smash Bros on WiiU.

First off, 8 players at once.  That's just gonna be ridiculous in all the best ways.

Also there will be a stage with Ridley from the Metroid series in the background.  If a player beats him up enough he will start fighting on that player's behalf, essentially making working as a CPU controlled team mate.  If an opponent KO's him it will count towards his score at the end of the match.  So in other words, he has a fighting model, he has a number of special and regular attacks.  He's programmed to earn and give kills.  But he's not playable for us.  Well fuck.

Custom stages are back.  Like in the Wii version you can work with a number of pre-made props to create a stage.  You can also use the Gamepad to draw things like platforms, or the very stage itself.  Or dicks.  I'm sure there will be a ton of dick stages as well.

I mentioned 8 player smashes, right?

A new mode called Game Board mode.  Compete against other player for power ups, probably similar to the power ups you can earn in the Smash Run mode on 3ds.  At the end of the board game, everyone beats one another up using the newly aquired powerups.  Fun for everyone.

Classic Mode, where you fight against a random opponent under varying conditions, is now co-op.  Fuck yeah.

Oh, you can go online with two players as well.  Couldn't do that in the Wii version.

Some new stages too, obviously.  One of them, Donkey Kong themed, has both playable foreground AND background, making it the first dual-layered stage in the Smash Series.  There was a Naruto fighting game back on PS2 that did something similar, so its not ground-breaking, but it does fit right in with Nintendo trying to do new things.

You can also fight against 7 other people at once.  That's insane.

For the people who have played the 3ds version, you may remember the enemy at the end of classic mode on harder difficulties that appears when you defeat Crazy or Master Hand.  Well, he's going to be in this one too, but now once you get him to show up he becomes an entire new stage.

One last thing, and its not about the 8 player multi-player I promise.  We have a character returning as DLC in spring of next year.  He's free if you own both the 3ds and WiiU versions(which, coincidentally, I will).

[Spoiler=Returning Character][/spoiler]

As a huge Nintendo Fan, I was already excited about this game.  But the stuff here, as well as like 40 other things(Seriously, they had a list of 50 new additions to the game they went down in the recent Nintendo Direct for the game) they are adding in here has me even more pumped.

That said, anyone up for some Smash Bros?

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM