News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012-13 College Football Thread

Started by Cory, August 30, 2012, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Corys Heisman Watch after week 1:

1. Matt Barkley, QB,  USC (372yrds, 4 TDs, 0 INTS)
2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia (Pass: 323yrds, 4 TDs, 0 INTS // Rush: 8att, 65yrds, 1 TD)
3. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (367yrds, 3 TD, 0 INT)
4. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (44att, 210yrds, 2TD)
5. Braxton Miller Ohio State (Pass: 207yrds, 2 TD, 0 INT //  Rush: 17att, 161yrds, 1 TD)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

I can agree with your list Cory, but let's remember that everybody on that list expect Le'Veon Bell played teams that were way inferior to them.  So I wouldn't put too much stake in those numbers yet.  Though, Barkley plays in the Pac-12 where there is no defense so he will continue to put up those numbers.

Cory

Well really Montee Ball and Denard Robinson over Miller and Bell is the only exception I'd have from my pre season list switched.

Urban Meyers trying to Tebowfy Miller lol

Chris Shields

Quote from: JustinP on September 04, 2012, 01:52:03 PM
They won't win it.  The SEC will win again.  They won't be able to get past Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship game.
They beat Oregon last year, and would have been in the Pac-12 championship game. Oregon didn't improve that much, and USC got some great recruits plus Silas Redd coming over is a big boost. Barkley is one of if not the best QB in college football and he's got some great receivers to throw to. There's a reason they were ranked #1 in the preseason poll. There will most likely be an SEC team in the championship game, but I really believe they'll be playing USC.

Justin

Quote from: Chris Shields on September 05, 2012, 01:50:34 PM
They beat Oregon last year, and would have been in the Pac-12 championship game. Oregon didn't improve that much, and USC got some great recruits plus Silas Redd coming over is a big boost. Barkley is one of if not the best QB in college football and he's got some great receivers to throw to. There's a reason they were ranked #1 in the preseason poll. There will most likely be an SEC team in the championship game, but I really believe they'll be playing USC.

Let's not forget it was by 3 points and the game could have gone either way.  Both teams have practically the same team, however Oregon has gotten faster.  Even if they do make it, they will not have played a defense such as Alabama and LSU, and when they do they will get stifled.

I personally think it will be Florida State and Alabama in the Championship game.

Cory

^

Florida State lost Brandon Jenkins on the d-line...he was arguably their best defensive player...plus I dont believe in EJ Manuel.

Id like to see how well Michigan State does, they could be a sleeper

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

lol, they have the keys to win in college. Very good running game/o-line and very good defense. I like Michigan State and West Virginia for my darkhorses this year, Nebraska too should do very well.

Jon

Not a bad list Cory.

I'd had D'Anthony Thomas on that list though.

Also, two guys to watch is Andre Ellington (Clemson) and Taylor Martinez (Nebraska).

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Only thing with Thomas is tht Barner will be eatin into his carries.

Ellington had a huge game and he's close to a top 5 and Martinez needs to prove himself against a legit team first

Jon

Thomas is a multi-tool player. He'll see more looks when they play better opponents. But yes, Barner will eat into his carries a bit. But I don think DAT can be a 20-25 carry back anyway.

As for Martinez, he played a tougher opponent then Tyler Wilson and Braxton Miller. Just saying.

Jon

GO BEAVERS!!!!!!! So proud of this team right now! Big win after the past two horrible years. Playing for coach and for the fans! Love it! Proud to be a Beaver right now! Time to get more drunk!

Cory

Jon

DnK's Hesiman Watch - Week 2

1. Matt Barkley - USC (23-30, 187 yards, 6 TDs, 1 int)
2. Geno Smith - West Virginia (DNP)
3. Braxton Miller - Ohio State (18-24, 155 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 27 car, 141 yards, 3 TDs)
4. Le'Veon Bell - Michigan State (18 car, 70 yards, 2 TDs)
5. Marquise Lee - USC (11 rec, 66 yards, 3 TDs, 1 car, 23 yards)

Cory

hhahahahaha Arkansas.

My Lists the same, but surprise pick here:

1. Matt Barkley, QB,  USC
2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
3. Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
4. Braxton Miller Ohio State
5. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

Jonathan Franklin is a beast, and Im giving him the recognition he deserves.