News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tiger Woods will return at The Masters.

Started by Duckman, March 16, 2010, 12:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From BBC Sport:

Tiger Woods is to return to competitive golf at the Masters, starting on 8 April, it has been announced.

The world number one's last tournament appearance was on 15 November - when he won the Australian Masters.

Less than a fortnight later he crashed his car outside his Florida home, an incident that led to revelations about his private life and a break from golf.

"As a professional, I think Augusta's where I need to be, even though it's a while since I last played," he said.

Following the storm of publicity about his personal conduct, Woods made his first public appearance in February to apologise for his actions.

He revealed he had been having ongoing therapy for his behaviour but added he did not yet know when he would be ready to return to competitive golf.

There had been suggestions he could make a comeback at either the Tavistock Cup tournament in Florida on 22/23 March or the Arnold Palmer Invitational, which starts on 25 March, but instead it will be at Augusta.

"I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment," revealed Woods.

"Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life. When I finally got into a position to think about competitive golf again, it became apparent to me that the Masters would be the earliest I could play.

"I called both Joe Lewis and Arnold Palmer and expressed my regrets for not attending the Tavistock Cup and the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

"I again want to thank them both for their support and their understanding. Those are fantastic tournaments and I look forward to competing in them again.

"I would also like to thank the Augusta National members and staff for their support. I have deep appreciation for everything that they do to create a wonderful event for the benefit of the game."

I think I heard CBS just cum in their pants!!  The biggest ratings draw golf has ever had is coming back and he's going to have ever MORE interest in him than before!

I usually watch the major golf tournaments but I think I along with most of the world will be tuning in to watch Tiger tee off for the first time.  Wonder how many shouts of 'in the hole' there will be then! lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

The masters will now be sponsored by Playboy.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.