News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Who Called It!?

Started by Jose The Law Ramon, June 24, 2010, 06:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose The Law Ramon

That's right folks, it's official - Chicago sends Kirk Hinrich and their first round pick to the Wizards for basically nothing in order to clear that extra cap space. As I said would happen during the trade deadline/playoffs. Congrats Chicago fans, you now have a much better chance at landing one of the big free agents this summer.

The Dudester

Chi-town wants LeBron.... badly.

I think LeBron leaving Cleveland is a HUGE mistake. Here is why..

He is the f'n KING in Cleveland. He's from Akron, which is close. He's a local hero and a city hero. The Browns (NFL team) SUCK so he has no real competition to being the man there. The entire city worships him.

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER be Jordan. Heck, he may not even be Pippen there, as those guys are Gods in Chi-town. PLus, competing with Da Bears in a football city will be alot, as Bear's fans are real fans.

Sure, Cleveland is a dive of a dirty, nasty city, but he's already the KING there and he'll never get that much love anywhere else. Also... because he is LeBron, Cleveland will attract other big time players that want to play with LeBron.

He stays in Cleveland he OWNS Cleveland.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its a big trade because Captain Kirk for me was a big player for the Bulls. Here we go! Fasten those seatbelts!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Maddox Nosnam on June 24, 2010, 06:45:10 PM

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER be Jordan. Heck, he may not even be Pippen there, as those guys are Gods in Chi-town. PLus, competing with Da Bears in a football city will be alot, as Bear's fans are real fans.

First off the entire football debate is ridiculous and irrelevant...the Bulls are an entity in their own and if Cleveland sucks...well then it sucks. On top of that nobody is asking him to be Jordan. The Lakers never asked Bryant to be Magic Johnson. Its a tag LeBron has had since he entered the league. Personally, I feel he wants to win a Championship. With Rose and Noah and potentially another big name. He can do that.

Mark Mania

Yay, now LeBron James will forever go down as the second best player on the Chicago Bulls of all-time.

Nice life living under the shadow of MJ. And not Michael Jackson, that dude raped little boys....but Kobe raped grown women.

LeBron should go to Miami and D-Wade and they can both pretend to be selfless players and lose together.

Hondo

Quote from: Mark Mania on June 25, 2010, 09:54:13 AM
Yay, now LeBron James will forever go down as the second best player on the Chicago Bulls of all-time.

Nice life living under the shadow of MJ. And not Michael Jackson, that dude raped little boys....but Kobe raped grown women.

LeBron should go to Miami and D-Wade and they can both pretend to be selfless players and lose together.

Thats kind of an invalid argument, really.

You think Kevin Garnett lives in the shadow of Larry Bird? Or Kobe lives in the shadow of Magic or Kareem? Simply put, superstars don't live in the shadows of other superstars.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mark Mania

Well, first of all, I do think they live in their shadows. From 2008 when Bill Russell interviewed Kevin Garnett it was obvious that KG had something to live up to.

Kobe compares himself to Magic all the time.

Plus, Michael Jordan was so recent and is still so fresh in everyones mind. There is debate on other teams who the greatest of all time is, Russell, Bird, Cousy. Magic, Kareem, Wilt. They're all together, the Bulls have one name. Michael.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Michael Jordan is the greatest player to play the game, so yeah he is what the Bulls are known for. However, thats cause James hasnt played for them. Jordan hasnt played for the bulls for over a decade mate. On top of that its not about one player...The Celtics have legend littered throughout their history as do the Lakers. I dont think James is as gay to sit there and be worried people wont see him as the greatest Bulls player ever to play the game when in fact its the same guy he is behind as the greatest of all time whether he plays for Chicago or not.

Level-One

Quote from: Mark Mania on June 25, 2010, 09:54:13 AM

While I think this post was probably done in jest; it's all but a fact that the Kobe case was a sham and the girl in question was looking for a payout.

MJ on the other hand... well, that's what a lawyer can by.

Mark Mania

Ah, I'm a Celtics fan, can't help but throw Kobe under the bus.

I don't know, maybe we just agree to disagree on the LeBron thing. I feel like the organizations with storied histories (Celtics, Lakers, etc.) expect greatness and expect more superstars. I feel like Chicago expects Michael. I'd like to hear from someone that is from Chicago to see if I'm completely off-base.

As a Celtics fan, I grew up at the end of the Bird, McHale, Parrish days, so obviously when this new big 3 of KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce came about there were comparisons, but everyone just thought of it as another page in the storied franchise.

I just don't know if LeBron or the people of Chicago would accept that.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I have lived in Chicago for 4 years of my life and moved there the year before the Bulls drafted Jordan. Despite being of English origin you wont get a bigger Bulls fan than me over the last 25 years. Regardless of not living in Chicago you can still be a Bulls fan and I am all for signing a player that could well be the points threat we need as well as a fantastic overall game. Living somewhere currently means nothing if you have followed a team as long as I have.

Midas

I live in Chicago and was basically just starting to love B-BALL when Jordan was doing his thing...

Here is my take on the Lebron situation...

Lets not fool ourselves ladies and gentlemen, I don't care if Lebron moves to Alaska and joins a NBA  expansion team called the Juneau Junebugs he will always be in comparison to Michael Jordan... Did anyone watch the Finals and see how many times Kobe was up on the screen side by side with Jordan and showing the stats and all that shit and Kobe plays for LA... When Lebron plays he gets compared to Jordan all the time and he is not even playing Jordans position...

Honestly do you even think he gives a shit... I mean the guy came into the league and chose to play with 23 on his back so dont tell me he is worried about Jordans shadow and sure enough what did he decide to do this upcoming season... Switch his number to 6... Maybe he knew all along he wanted to play for the Bulls...

Let me tell you right now I am the biggest MJ fan in the world and I don't give a shit who comes in this league but as long as I am alive Jordan was the best I ever saw and is a legend in Chicago...

BUT....

Right now us folk in Chicago follow the Bulls and think "Man look at Rose, that guy is something special I am so glad he is on out team we can win a championship" we don't look at Rose and say "Man I am glad he is on out team but I wish I had MJ back"

We moved on and while we loved MJ and what he did for out city, but we have faced 12 years of horrible teams who cant win a playoof series so WHEN Lebron comes to Chicago and plays no one is going to be chanting Jordans name they are simply going to be chanting Lebrons name...

And when he wins us our championships we are all going to chant his name at the parade and thank god that we signed him...

Then when the day comes 10 or 15 years down the line when Lebron wants to hang it up and has given us all he had to give we will all celebrate him while they hoist his Jersey up and talk about all the good shit he did for the city and wait for the next person to come in and fill Lebrons SHOES not Jordans because at that point the Bulls are his team not Jordans...

Then when I am a old man talking about the Bulls from the 90's and the new Millenium with my grand kids they will ask me who the best player on the Bulls was and I will say Michael Jordan LMAO...

Because its the truth but then they will ask who the best players in Bulls history are and because Bob Love and the other guys who have their Jerseys up there were before my time I will say...

Jordan...
Lebron...
Pippen...
Rodman...
Rose... (Fingers Crossed)
Bosh... (Fingers Crossed)

Kobe gets compared to Magic all the time... But as a fan I know Jordan will never be replaced but I also know that Lebron James is the future and MJ is the past...