Shaq joins Celtics, Big Three is now Big Four

Started by Gary, August 05, 2010, 02:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

So Shaq is now a Celtic! To be fair I would love nothing more than the finals this year to be Celtics vs Lakers again just for Kobe vs Shaq for some reason.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Mark Mania

I am a die-hard Celtics fan, and frankly, this move doesn't do anything for me.

There are many Bostonians that will tell you they hate Shaq. I don't hate Shaq, I love Shaq, but, he's not going to make too much of an impact on this team. I think it will be real fun to see Shaq in Boston Green but it's only for novelty really.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope he's something great, and for obvious reasons I hope to see the Celtics in the finals again... All I know is that the first game of the NBA season is going to be amazingly star-studded.

Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, and Shaquelle O'Neal vs. LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh

Lots of star power there.

Doug E Fresh

Rondo may be better than all of them at this point in their careers. Might as well call them a Big 5

Gates

I don't think I'd lump Shaq in as the Big Four...if anything I'd add Rondo to the Big Three to make Four than Shaq.

Shaq will do nothing more than split time with Jermaine O'Neal and provide a big body to bang under the boards. And once Perkins comes back, he'll probably lose playing time.

Bryan Payne

So wait, to a team who seemed to struggle at times down the stretch due to age... they add another aging guy?   

If they can keep Shaq healthy and happy through the regular season he could well have an impact in the play offs and I guess that's what they're thinking by signing him.  But I've got to admit, I really don't think this changes much of anything in the power calculus.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Lets be honest...you get 15 minutes a night out the guy for 1.5 million a year...and he is still very hard to guard inside. Its a good deal.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

Quote from: Trumpers on August 06, 2010, 02:41:22 PM
Lets be honest...you get 15 minutes a night out the guy for 1.5 million a year...and he is still very hard to guard inside. Its a good deal.

this.

The guy maybe over the hill, but lets say its Lakers vs Celtics in the finals, no one in LA can guard Shaq.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

They just wanted to have both O'Neals thats all.  Besides they aren't gonna come close to beating my Jazz this year
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.