News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Devils (Los Angeles)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Respectfully sir, I think I'm worth more than that.  Can we agree on $3.5 million?   

¿PapaPancho?

Agreed

Gretchen this completes my business for now. Say maybe we should contact his brother in law ... It's hotter than hell in here ...

Mike Powers

Someone call about an air conditioner?   

¿PapaPancho?

Yeah it looks like we've received a lot of complaints about the temperature in our ...

Presidente Pancho turns around to see this freak of a man standing before him

Say ... you must be Brad's brother in law?  What was that name of yours? Didn't quite catch it.

Mike Powers

Name's Porter.  Where's the AC?   

¿PapaPancho?

It's located just outside my office.  Why don't we walk and talk?  You know your one of the first people I've met whose first words haven't been something about my mask.  Odd yet refreshing. 

Presidente Pancho walks outside his office and stops at Gretchen's desk

Gretchen where is the AC unit located? 

Mike Powers

In the rear of the building Mr. Vega.   

¿PapaPancho?

Thanks Gretchen.  Porter you heard the lady.  Guess that means we're walking and talking a bit more.

How long you been in the AC business?  Something you love doing?

Mike Powers

I love paying the bills, that's all.   

¿PapaPancho?

Well I'll leave you to your job.  Anything comes up you let me know.

Presidente Pancho walks back into his building and into his office.

Gretchen can you call Brad into my office.

Brad just met your brother in law Porter.  He's working out back right now.  Listen I wanted to ask you something ... bout how big would you say your brother in law is?

Mike Powers

Listen baby, Porter is a big boy!  Now I never measured him or anything, but if I had ta guess, I'd say probably around 6'9" or 6'10 baby, easy!  Probably 280lbs too!  He get your AC situated? 

¿PapaPancho?

He's working on it out back.  I told him to talk to me soon as he was finished up. You never thought about putting him in a ring?  He's definitely a big man ... and that look.  I don't want to tell a promoter his job but it looks marketable to me.  He never take a shine to your business or is it a philosophy about business and family? 

Mike Powers

Believe me, I sure thought about it baby!  But you know how things are in the territories....a promoter hires his brother in law, all sorts of rumors get started!  It wasn't something I could pull the trigger on in those days. 

¿PapaPancho?

Brad.  I never took you for a man who worried about the opinions of others.  Besides isn't there a long line of tradition of promoters putting their family ahead of the business?

I'll see if Porter has any interest in it.  Judging from his answers long as the pay is right we might be able to strike some sort of deal.

Which brings me to my next point.  Porter's gonna be green as grass if and when we get something worked out.  In your time as a promoter have you worked with Sam Wainwright before?

Mike Powers

It's cutthroat out there baby!  If people got the idea that I was hiring family and giving them good spots on the lineup, I'd have trouble filling out the rest of the card!  It was all self preservation baby!

That Wainwright cat is a strange one baby!  I booked him on a few cards in my day, but I've never worked with him as a trainer though.