News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Falling Into Place.

Started by Alex Smiley, May 12, 2018, 12:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

[Play.]

Some static appears at first, before the picture becomes more clear...a news report, with the date "20 July 2013" in the corner as the reporter begins to speak.

"Tragedy befell an abandoned prison in Siberia today, as an explosion caused a major amount of damage and led to the deaths of several people. We've received word that the professional wrestling conglomerate known as The Experts was working on preparations for their Extreme Tournament when the incident occurred. We'll have more details on the situation as we receive them."

[Fast Forward.]

We see a big press conference being held outside Legacy Tower, and join in on it already in progress.

"Due to the massive amount of damage to the Siberian prison, and the large sum of money we owe the Siberian government, we cannot continue with the Extreme Tournament this year. We've already sent word out to the participants thanking them for being a part of what we could do."

"What about the True Expert Championship?"

"We're already in negotiations with Doug E. Fresh in returning the championship where it belongs. As it stands, we have no choice but to end operations here while we handle the Siberia situation."

[Cut.]

LEGACY TOWER
PRESENT DAY

We find ourselves back in the office of the General Manager, as Timothy Kahrs enters to see Legion sat at his desk. He has shut off the computer monitor, pulling out a DVD from the tray before standing to his feet.

"Any word back?"

Timothy nods as he sets some envelopes down on the desk. Legion picks one up, opening it to read the letter inside.

"Thank you for the invite, but I am currently busy doing anything else. Signed, Danny Tenegra"

Legion frowns as he tosses that letter aside, opening the next envelope.

"I don't know how you found me, but I will participate on one condition...I want Jonny Cedrone."

Legion nods with a smile, much to the confusion of Timothy.

"Scott DiBiase?"

"The man knows what he wants."

Legion sets the letter aside, picking up the third envelope...a slightly bigger, heavier one than before. He opens the envelope, revealing a CD case as he reads the text on it.

"From the Grammy-nominated band that brought you 'Barnacles On My Butt"...it's the Desert Sex Reunion Tour and Stud Experience: DeSeRT SEx"

Legion just shakes his head as he sets the case on the desk before picking up one final envelope, tilting his head in confusion as he opens it.

To Whom It May Concern:

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'm still here, still waiting for what's rightfully mine. Bring me Doug E. Fresh, and the True Experts Championship. You know where to find me.

~ Jack Benevolence

Legion's eyes widen in shock as he reads the letter aloud...but soon, a grin settles on his face as he sets the letter down.

"Looks like we're gonna have to bundle up...it's gonna be a cold night."

UNDISCLOSED LOCATIONS

In different parts of the country, a lucky group of seven receive a special notice with their invitation:

Congratulations!

You've been selected to participate in the first ever Golden Ticket Ladder Match! Seven of you will compete, but only one will climb the ladder of success and earn a Golden Ticket! What does it do? It gives you an opportunity you can cash in at anytime...for anything you desire. Best of luck!

~ Timothy Kahrs, Interim General Manager of The Experts

We get a split screen of the smiling faces of the recipients: Alexia, Leander Apollo, Tyler Graves, Mason Daniels, Rex Evans, Maverick Jones, and AC Thunder.

LOS ANGELES

We find ourselves in a bar late at night, where a disappointed Exile stares at a clock from his stool. He seems troubled, as though waiting on something...or someone.

"You wanted to talk?"

The voice distracts him from his wait, and as he turns to face its source he cannot help but smirk as Jose Ramon stands there, the first time the two men have seen each other in years.

LEGACY TOWER

Down in the lobby, a receptionist is dealing with a mass of phone calls about what appears to be the return of The Experts when suddenly, a letter is slammed onto her desk. She puts the latest caller on hold to look up at Zach Rizza.

"I'm here to see Legion about the Experts Invitational."

The receptionist directs him to the elevator, and as he is about to press the button to go up the door opens revealing a familiar face of Experts past.

"Who the hell are you?"

Mark Mania is confused by the presence of the Big Tyme, who smirks in response.

"I'd ask the same of you, buddy. I'm Zach Rizza, former XWF..."

Mania just scoffs at this as he steps out of the elevator.

"I remember those guys, real pain in the ass to deal with. I'm not sure why you're here, though...you've never even been here, have you?"

Rizza's attempt to respond is interrupted by a shout from the front door.

"Holy shit, it's Zach Rizza! I'm guessing Legion invited you personally."

This declaration is followed by chuckles as James Raven approaches them, a big grin on his face.

"Seems like he's really scraping the bottom of the barrel to get people booked for this shindig. He's got a guy that never wrestled an Experts show, and a guy notorious for running his mouth off about The Experts."

This just gets a glare from Mania.

"And what are you doing here, anyway?"

"Similar to Rizz here, except Timothy Kahrs seems to think I owe him a favor despite being one of the only people in his old promotion to actually mean anything in the business. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen..."

Raven squeezes in between the two of them to get to the button, opening the door before entering.

"I guess I'll see you wherever this train takes us."

The door closes as an angry Mania just storms off. Rizza looks confused as he watches Mania leave, before realizing the elevator's already gone up.

"Shit!"

AKRON

"Hey, you've reached Joel Bryant. Sorry I can't make it to the phone right now, leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya soon!"

[BEEP]

"Hey Joel, it's Domingo Cruz. I know we haven't talked in years, but I just got this invite from The Experts and wanted to know if you got it, too. Are you up for one more go at wrestling? You up to rep TFWF one more time? Hit me up soon, man!"

[BEEP]

ELSEWHERE...

A similar invitation is opened, only with the letters VWF instead. The man opening it chuckles with a smirk on his face as Ace Andrews shouts to the other room.

"Hey, love! Someone wants us to come wrestle for them again!"

In walks Trippy, a big smile on her face as she reads the invite with glee.

UNDISCLOSED LOCATIONS

We get a split screen of four men receiving a special invitation:

You've been known for your knack for violence, and this is a perfect opportunity to make people remember who you are. The best part is, the ring won't have to contain the violence you can bring to Siberia. Blood will literally run cold on this night.

The faces of Fnord, Dominator, Allister Black, and Dorling light up with joy at the thought of bringing some much needed brutality to the proceedings.

CHICAGO

"Hey, you've reached Georgie Nickles. I'll get back to you eventually. Maybe."

[BEEP]

"Is that any way to treat an old friend, Georgie? It's Sandy...Sandy Makel? I'm sure you remember me. Just got an invite from The Experts, and apparently Desert Sex wants a crack at a couple former True Experts. Seems fitting, really. I hope you're up for it."

[BEEP]

LAS VEGAS

We find ourselves inside one of the finest homes in the Sin City, where the reigning True Expert is enjoying his retirement. Doug E Fresh walks through the living room, where he notices an envelope addressed to him from The Experts. He opens it to reveal a letter that's less pleasant than others:

Mr. Fresh,

We have attempted to contact you in regards to the True Expert Championship you retained after the cancellation of the Extreme Tournament in 2013. Since you refuse to answer any contact we've made, we are forced to issue this ultimatum: Return the True Expert Championship or prepare for a lawsuit like you've never seen.

You have one week to decide what's more important to you.

~ Xander Azula, Overseer of The Experts

Fresh just laughs as he folds the letter up, sticking it in his pocket on the way out. We hear a phone call from the other room, as Fresh begins to speak.

"Hello? Yeah, get the plane ready. My kingdom awaits."

SIBERIA

Miles away from civilization, Legion makes the trek to what remains of the prison...only to find that it has been largely rebuilt over the years. He is soon greeted by none other than Russell White.

"You're here to see Mr. Benevolence, I take it?"

Legion nods, bringing a smile to Russell's face.

"Excellent, he's been waiting to see you."

Legion follows White toward the prison, where we see Jack Benevolence looking on from atop one of the buildings. The sight of someone he knows brings a smirk to the face of the former True Expert, realizing that the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place...

[Fin.]

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.