True Expert Championship - Doug E Fresh vs Jack Benevolence

Started by Alex Smiley, May 12, 2018, 01:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

This is the place where the burritos--I mean roleplays--go.

Hype: Years after The Experts shut down, Doug E Fresh has been sitting high and mighty on his throne as undefeated True Expert. Meanwhile, Jack Benevolence has been at work in Siberia, plotting the demise of his rival and the return to the pedestal that once belonged to him...

RP Deadline: May 27, 2018 - 11:59PM Eastern

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Doug E Fresh

----
July 29th, 2016
----

(Doug gets the knees up and Envi howls in pain as he crashes into Doug's knees! He writhes in agony on the mat and Doug presses all of his weight on Evan to push himself up! He looks at Envi for a few seconds, breathing heavily, before rushing to the turnbuckles and climbing to the top, balancing there for a moment on one good ankle... before flying off for a Corkscrew Moonsault, crashing down on Envi's head and neck!)

A: Doug Fresh with Flying Colors!

OC: Jesus, what a shot!

(Doug hooks the far leg, grapevining the near one! Referee Amber Lance makes the count!

ONE
TWO
THREE!

Lance calls for the bell and Doug rolls off of Envi.)

A: It's over!

OC: AHHHHHH, MY WHOLE HEART!

("The End" hits the PA and Doug rises to his feet, allowing Amber to raise his hand in the air.)

GC: Here is your winner... DOOOUUUUG E. FREEEEEEEESSSHHH!

----
April 8th, 2018
----

(Young Xavier stares out the window of his home. He's clean as can be, no scars or wrinkles, no signs of wear and tear, a fresh entrant to the world. He's old enough to see distances and out on the street in front of his home, a large man in a suit slowly approaches the house. Xavier stares at him and sees much the opposite from his skin to his features and certainly his disposition. As a baby should do, he cries.)

"Xavier what's wrong!"

(The doorbell rings.)

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

(Amber comes in and grabs the child. She answers the door. The large ugly visitor stands tall and stoic. He first hands Amber a card. The card reads: I am Gleb. I have a letter to deliver to Doug E. Fresh)

"Doug E. Fresh? Who would want to contact my husband using that name?"

(She nudges the door but the man shoves his arm through, letter in hand preventing her from shutting the door. Amber grabs the letter.)

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

"Xavier!!"

(Expressionless, the man known as Gleb turns around and leaves the house.)

"I literally do not understand what is happening. Let's take this letter to your dad and see what he knows."

"Dada."

(Holding little Xavier in one arm, she walks the letter through the house to the room which Doug is in. He's currently watching some old wrestling tapes in his trophy room.)

"Oh Doug, I have something for you which happens to be quite ironic to being in here."

(At the time Amber appears in the doorway, Doug's sitting in a recliner and he's watching his last match prior to retirement. In 2016, Sin City Wrestling went through far too many management changes and ultimately closed its doors. Originally, Doug left wrestling in 2014 after a match against M.D.K. However, Doug was lured back into a dream match tour where he was only contractually obligated to wrestle when he agreed to the matches. He had bouts with Chris Strike and Legacy just to name a couple. On the final pay per view there was a contract signing for Doug to wrestle Global Champion Rex Evans in a match which had been in the making for years but unfortunately did not come to fruition. Instead, his final match ended in victory over former owner Evan Envi.)

"Didn't the mailman already come through today?"

"Yes. This was hand delivered...by a giant man looking for Doug E. Fresh."

"Come again?"

"I'm not making this up Doug. Didn't you hear your son crying in the room? He was scaring Xavier!"

"Crying eating shitting and sleeping are all babies do. Did this guy say anything?"

"No. He handed me a card which said his name was Gleb. But he just stood there silent and intimidating."

"Didn't speak? Was he American?"

"I have no idea! He could have been from anywhere. Maybe he came off a bit Russian?"

(He pauses for a second after hearing that comment.)

"Hand me that."

(Amber gives him the letter. He opens it up reading the whole thing to himself.)

"Well? Don't leave me in the dark here."

"For one thing, bonus points for you that goon is indeed from Russia. This letter is from an old wrestling opponent of mine from years ago."

"Las Vegas to Russia is one hell of a move."

"He isn't from SCW. He's from The Experts."

(Doug crumples up the letter and shoots it through a mini basketball hoop over a small trash can in the corner.)

"He's also completely delusional."

"What does he want?"

"That."

(Doug points to the True Expert Championship title belt at the top of his trophy case.)

"And he wants it back in a big flashy forum which includes some ceremonial asking of forgiveness for my sins and blah blah blah."

"Well that's not happening. I can't even get you to admit when you forgot to change a diaper."

"You're not wrong. I'd say this. IF he and I were to ever come face to face again and IF it would have anything to do whatsoever with that title, it would ONLY be in a wrestling match. Period."

"You don't want to go back to that life anymore Doug. Besides, you've got enough stories from wrestling to put Xavier to sleep until he's eighteen years old."

"And you don't?"

"I wrestled two years. You dressed up in a cloak and made people believe you were God!"

"Let's just say I was kind of a big deal."

(Amber hands him Xavier.)

"In our eyes you always have been. Now take little professor junior here and change his diaper."

"Ugh. I'm going from championship duty to championship doody."

----
May 13th, 2018
----

(Much has changed in the past few weeks as in perhaps one of the most shocking moments in the world of professional wrestling, The Experts organization has rebooted and came to contractual terms with some of the greatest wrestlers in its history and has billed a main event for its coveted True Expert Championship between its last champion Doug E. Fresh and challenger Jack Benevolence. Despite some resistance from family and friends, Doug agreed to be a part of the event and has immediately shifted his exercise routine to training for a return to the ring.

At Doug's wrestling school in Tampa, Florida, while looking down at an unknown wrestler, Doug stands on the top turnbuckle. He almost loses his footing for a second. He leaps and twists mid-air for the corkscrew moonsault and comes down hard on the man below jaw to knees as he was unable to fully finish the maneuver. The others watching from ringside go silent as Amber slides into the ring.)

"Christ Doug! Did you just lose a tooth? Are you alright?"

(Doug rolls over from the other wrestler and sits up hands and knees using one to adjust his jaw.)

"I need a little more bounce."

"You need to take a break."

"Last time I did that I had a fucked ankle and still pulled it off to perfection."

"That was almost two years ago."

"Perfection can't have depreciated that much."

"When you spend time at home with a child and not doing this on a weekly basis it sure can. You're retired. Finally. To be honest I don't know why you accepted the invitation to be a part of this to begin with."

"It's my pride Amber."

(Despite being offered help, Doug stands up on his own.)

"I built all of this. These training rings once belonged to me. The incredibly comfortable life we live right now is because of the sacrifices I made for over 10 years in wrestling. I've ascended the mountain top and planted my throne there and not once have I ever been knocked down. Do you know my legacy?"

"Yes! You're the greatest professional wrestler of this era."

"No."

(His disagreement catches all the students off guard.)

"My legacy is nothing but unfinished business. I've never had an opportunity not once to defend my honor in all these glorious accomplishments! Do you see that banner over there? The one that says The last CWC World Champion? I was supposed to face my greatest challenger for that title...Rex Evans. Then the CWC went bankrupt and it never happened. More than two years later we finally cross paths in Sin City. We get a live pay per view moment to sign a contract and face each other at the 10th anniversary show. What happened? They folded. Or what about 2014 APW Survive and Conquer? See that trophy? That's MINE. And it never happened again. All leading me to this. The Experts completely fell off the face of the planet. I was left as their once and future king holding a belt that has since become nothing but memorabilia. They don't recognize my reign. They don't even fucking credit me with a title defense when in the very same tournament that I WON, I defended their crown in a 60 minute iron man match against Kurt Noble!

So now they're finally back. Jack Benevolence has been craving a shot at me so damn much that he sent a Russian life sentence to our house where you and I and our kid live to try and lure me back. He needs me Amber. The Experts need me! And now I FINALLY have a chance to defend MY honor and MY pride. So I'll be damned if a little bit of rust or anyone's complaints about going off to wrestle again are going to prevent this from happening."

(Amber steps closer and embraces Doug in front of a crowd of students applauding his promo-esque speech.)

"Doug you really have missed wrestling haven't you."

"A lot. And not to the level where I'd abandon my family. Wrestling brought you to me, and took you from me, and the brought you back to me. I at least owe it that much."

(He then turns to another student and summons him to the ring.)

"And besides, I'm the main event, right where I always deserve to be. So I owe wrestling that much more to be in ring shape when I need it most. Cue my montage!"

(Amber steps through the ropes and out of the ring as Doug and the next student prepare to grapple.)

----
Present Day
----

"Such a beautiful sight to behold is it not?"

(Sitting on a pedestal underneath a spotlight is the True Expert Championship belt. Next to it, swirling a glass of scotch in his left hand is the Professor who owns the title.)

"I've had this piece of gold in my collection for almost six years. At the time I acquired this championship, it stood for the culmination of a life's work in wrestling. Having True Expert linked to my name delivered the undisputed message to the world that I was the best wrestler in the world.

Six years is a long time. Outside of pawning or melting the gold down, what's this really worth? The company it represents doesn't even recognize my lengthy reign as its ruler. I could take this strap toss it in a trash can on live television and not lose any sleep at night over my actions. It had great worth to me. But its worth diminished over time and inactivity.

So Jack...what's it worth to you?

Clearly its not some grudge against me you're holding is it? We've been down this road before. I don't own you. Maybe you have forgotten that I was the one hell bent on avenging a loss you gave me in previous years. This is a tie series. My claim to fame is that my win over you was when we were supposedly the best versions of ourselves.

Perhaps the real question is what version of Jack Benevolence will I be greeted with on May 27th? I have a guess and it has something to do with my assumption that you've only allowed your mind to rot away in Siberia and not your body. I haven't forgotten the physical mismatch you pose in a wrestling ring and from what I've gathered somewhere between longing for what you once had and torturing Russian convicts that you've kept yourself in pristine condition. I can assure you that I'm not rocking a dad bod but I've already come to terms with something you haven't Jack. We aren't the best versions of ourselves.

There are only two opponents that I'll never beat: time and myself. I retired two years ago after attempting to retire four years ago but being brought back. I didn't want time to beat me so I chose to lose to myself and walk away. If my son ever tries wrestling one day, I want him to know that despite all the shortcuts his father took along the way, he ended his career with true atonement. And its not the first time I've atoned Jack. I've lost my way before. I've lost everything. And I've come back from it...twice. I know for a fact when you look into my eyes its futile to imagine I'm some kind of saint. I will always be a sinner.

But you Jack, when I stare into your eyes for even just a hint or a speck of humility...I see nothing.

History knows Jack Benevolence as the man who wants all the power. To attain true power, it takes more than a championship. When you lost the True Expert title to me you became King Nothing and sought a means of finding a new crown, one which you earned when you took over Siberia. And what have you done since then? What forgiveness did you ask for? What atonement did you seek?

That's an answer you don't need to deliver because the world has already seen it. You haven't changed. Years later you're still the exact same Jack Benevolence. You haven't even been born again once. What makes you think you deserve to have back what you once had? There's no 12 steps to take. In your mind Jack you made one mistake six years ago and in my mind you never learned anything from it.

Good thing for you there's a date with your Professor on May 27th where I'll be standing across that ring from you and without remorse I'll make damned sure you make that mistake again. I'm ready for the main event and yes we all understand there's no evidence that I'll be the True Expert I once was. However I'm confident it will still prove enough to defeat a man who has never even tried to be anything else."

(Doug lifts the True Expert Championship off the pedestal and holds it by the belt strap next to his face.)

"And this, no matter how much value I assign it, no matter how much you cherish it...long for it...desire it, this will forever belong to me. Sincerely, your once and future True Expert."