Revenge is a Dish Best Served in the Siberian Cold: Legion vs MDK

Started by Alex Smiley, May 17, 2018, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

This is the place where the burritos--I mean roleplays--go.

Hype: Legion's acquisition of The Experts has begun a chain of events causing concern amongst the board...and they've elected MDK to snip the problem right in the bud!

RP Deadline: May 27, 2018 - 11:59PM Eastern

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Adam Wrong

*Buzz Buzz*

4 New Messages.

*Beep Beep*

3 New Emails.

*Twinkle Twinkle*

3 New Voice-mails.

*Honk Honk*

17 Missed Calls

Female Voice: "For fuck's sake Danny, can you just answer your phone?"

The sunlight beams through the blinds and forms a criss-cross pattern across the bed where a petite blonde sits up in the middle of the bed and glowers at the figure still laid out under the sheets with his eyes closed beside her. The figure is unmistakeable to those who have ever followed this sport. Sure, there are a few more wrinkles and battle scars but the face of professional wrestling is laid there and impossible to not recognise. It is the man who has been the most polarising figure in wrestling and The Experts in particular, it is the man who has been a lightning rod of heat, a man feared, loathed and idolised in equal measure. It is a man who has been in the biggest companies around the globe and has yet to miss a beat in his years in the ring. That man... Is THE man... And is M.D.K.
     The woman beside him is his queen, his partner and the only woman to have been able to effectively tamed him. Alyce Starchylde was another star of the WGWF and had bested M.D.K in the ring previously and they were now partners of a different kind. Living in Las Vegas, the pair carve out a living in the WGWF and were matched perfectly in terms of their devious nature and their desire to win. Right now though, M.D.K was public enemy number one though for disturbing their sleep... Well Alyce's sleep anyway with his phone giving out non-stop notifications from a variety of outlets. The sports news outlets have been obsessed with The Experts event that had been announced and where M.D.K's name was on that list. As a man synonymous with Experts events, his name was expected to be on that list and it wasn't. The media couldn't work out whether he was black-listed or had he just said no...
     The other half of the messages were from the man who had tried to humanise himself by giving him a real name now. Xander Azula was going out of his way to bait M.D.K into a match at the event. The last voice-mail he answered was an awful version of 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?' from Frozen. It was promptly deleted and ignore like all of the others and he returned to his slumber. That was to be broken now though by a pillow to the side of the head courtesy his his queen who is still less than impressed at the next long buzz from the phone as another call comes through.

Alyce: "Just fucking answer it!"

M.D.K.: "Ugh... I don't wanna!"

She leans over to him and pushes the phone in front of his face.

Alyce: "Just tell him to fuck off, mute the phone and let us get to sleep!"

He groans as he lifts his head off of the pillow and stares at his phone and his expression changes. Alyce eyes him as his entire body language shifts to a more tense manner. Her brow furrows and she shuffles over to him.

Alyce: "What? What's he said now?"

M.D.K.: "It's not him..."

Alyce: "Who is it?"

He hops out of bed and into a pair of jeans. He grabs a t-shirt from the drawer and slips it on before shuffling his tousled hair to make it look almost as scruffy as when he woke up. Alyce wraps the sheets around herself as she stands up and tries to keep up with the manic pace of her beau.

Alyce: "Can you give me some sign of life?"

M.D.K.: "It's the board... They are approaching me personally..."

Alyce: "Surely they are just having their strings pulled by this peasant who wants to get his hands on you..."

M.D.K.: "It doesn't work like that. I have known Legion..."

Alyce: "... Xander?"

M.D.K.: "Put lipstick on a pig all you want, it's still a fucking pig... Legion is a manipulative little shit, he's a puppeteer of the highest order and a man you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw Level One..."

Alyce: "Is he fat then?"

M.D.K.: "Oh... You're no fun for these zingers... If Doug E Fresh or Insomnia were here, they'd be roaring with laughter."

Alyce: "Would he give you a show like this though?"

She opens the sheet for only him to see thanks to clever camera angles. M.D.K surveys all that is his and smiles as he tilts his head.

M.D.K.: "They probably would but the view wouldn't be as good..."

He leans in and kisses her as he grabs a set of keys from the side and holds her by the waist.

M.D.K.: "I'll be back in time for Monday Night Brawl... I have my phone... See you later. Love you."

Alyce: "I love you too..."

He stops as he heads out of the door and pauses. He turns back to see an equally stunned Alyce who is now wrapped back in the sheets.

M.D.K.: "Did we just...?"

Alyce: "Can we not?"

M.D.K.: "Sounds fair... Laters!"

He slams the door behind him and the scene fades out.

We return to find the inimitable electric blue E-Type Jaguar of M.D.K pull up at a multi storey car park. He parks up and climbs out to see a set of headlights flashing from the corner of the car park. He scratches at his greying stubble and shakes his head as he mutters to himself.

M.D.K.: "I hope that these just aren't doggers..."

He walks over to the car and a middle aged woman with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth glares at him.

Woman: "Good to see you Mr Tenegra..."

M.D.K.: "You look nothing like your Tinder pic..."

She takes a deep drag of the cigarette and exhales it upwardly to give her a halo of haze.

Woman: "Hilarious..."

M.D.K frowns.

M.D.K.: "I was torn between that one and giving you a price list as though I were a prostitute. I settled for that one. A rare miss I guess..."

Woman: "Just get into the damned car. I haven't got long and time is money."

M.D.K.: "For that reply I should have gone for the whore route..."

She remains emotionless as M.D.K shrugs his shoulders and climbs into the slate grey hire car that reeks of ordinary. As soon as he climbs in, she drives and he hurriedly puts on his seatbelt as she screeches out of the car park and onto the road.

M.D.K.: "Nice car... Dull, generic and over-used. A little like a James Raven promo..."

She stifles a laugh but M.D.K spots it, points at her and smiles.

M.D.K.: "There it is! With the right audience, my jokes still kill... I told my lady friend one earlier about Level One..."

Woman: "A fat joke?"

M.D.K.: "Of course."

Woman: "Out-dated. He's dropped 140lbs..."

M.D.K.: "Did he get sawn in half?"

Woman: "I hear it was Atkins."

M.D.K.: "The diet? But that's so 2001..."

Woman: "Like his relevance."

M.D.K.: "Oh snap! There fire in this cougar."

Woman: "As flattered as I am Mr Tenegra, you have one penis too many for my tastes."

M.D.K.: "Ouch! Where are we going?"

Woman: "Mr Azula is taking far too much of an interest in all of the board's whereabouts. I have to maintain an active lifestyle to ensure that we aren't tailed."

M.D.K.: "Ooh... It's like North by Northwest..."

Woman: "You're no Cary Grant..."

M.D.K.: "And you are..."

Woman: "Crosby... Denise Crosby. Head of the board of directors for The Experts... And you are a very desired man Mr Tenegra..."

M.D.K.: "I thought the lady wasn't for turning."

Crosby: "I'm not seeking you myself in any way, shape or form... But I know that Mr Azula is..."

M.D.K.: "So you are the one they send to do the begging? I expected more boob and a little less turkey neck if you're going to be a half decent lure."

Crosby: "Did you get a refund from the charm school you attended?"

M.D.K.: "I was valedictorian I will have you know..."

Crosby: "Look, I will get down to the brass tacks. Xander wants you one on one for something you did that was regarded as rather unsavoury..."

M.D.K.: "He needed to be taught... I did the teaching... That doesn't mean he deserves to go toe to toe with me."

She stops at the traffic lights and glares at him. He gestures passionately with his hands to her.

M.D.K.: "You know this industry well enough and you know damn well that a man like me who is up here... Doesn't waste his time with something that is down here..."

Crosby: "That's the problem. We need you to do just that..."

M.D.K looks at her in a bewildered nature as the lights change, and she looks dead ahead as she continues to drive on.

Crosby: "Legion - as you know him - has come into the Experts fold with all the cards in his possession. He's keeping the board on in an effort to maintain a positive public image but we each know that slowly but surely, he is planning on phasing each and every one of us out. Public affection and the respect of the locker-room will only cement his power and with this event predicted to be an absolute smash. With his family on board as well, our powers are limited at best. We are in dire need of a figurehead to maintain a degree of the status quo in The Experts and we believe between us that there is nobody more... Adequate for this task than yourself."

M.D.K.: "Adequate? Way to make me feel so desired..."

Crosby: "I'm not here to massage your already substantial ego Mr Tenegra. I'm here to ask you to be a decent human being for once in your life..."

M.D.K.: "Have you met me? Have you even bloody heard of me?"

Crosby: "I am more aware of your history Mr Tenegra and that is why we have requested your assistance. The rest of the flock that associates itself with The Experts are simply that - a flock that won't buck the trends, upset the apple carts or flout the system for fear of becoming a pariah. You don't have such fear. You and Ryan Ruckus made that abundantly clear at On Hallowed Ground didn't you? We need somebody who doesn't do what he does for glory, gold or for adulation. We want the best of the best to do what he does best..."

M.D.K.: "Cause physical harm for shits and giggles?"

Crosby: "Exactly. And you are the perfect man for the job. Legion is shunning all challengers, he is shying away from physical conflict and he is giving the ring a wide berth. He's not forgotten what you did to him though. He's not forgotten the humiliation you put him through or the ignominy of his ejection from the One Ring Circus. He wants revenge on you and he wants to make an example of his power on the grandest of stages. A worldwide audience, the biggest names in the industry gathered in one place and the most prime of locations. A place where you have created such fear and awe and a place you have had such success; Siberia..."

M.D.K.: "And to what end do I benefit from this?"

Crosby: "You get to beat the living hell out of a man who genuinely thinks he has your number now. You get your hands on a man who is letting power go to his head in record time and someone who needs taking down a peg or two... And he will pay you for that very pleasure..."

M.D.K.: "Well who would have thought it... I am a whore!"

Crosby: "And you sure do have a pretty mouth the hill-billies would say. So do we have a deal?"

M.D.K.: "I guess so... A chance to cause pain and suffering to a mentally fragile fuck-knuckle? I'd be mad to say no!"

Crosby: "That's fortunate, otherwise this journey would have been in vain..."

The car pulls into the parking lot of an abandoned cinema. M.D.K looks up at it and narrows his eyes.

M.D.K.: "What's this shit?"

Crosby: "We have to make sure that there are no... Loose ends. We need to make sure that while you may be a loose cannon... That you are our loose cannon. We don't want any... Friendly fire shall we say..."

He looks apprehensively at her as she turns the ignition off and gets out...

Crosby: "Come along Danny... Your cure awaits..."

She leads him through the double doors that are already unlocked and into a spacious auditorium where he is immediately accosted and by three brutish men. His eyes widen and Crosby strolls towards the front of the cinema where the lights focus on a chair towards the front.

M.D.K.: "What the fuck is this?"

Crosby: "My insurance plan... I need you to behave yourself and this will help that cause..."

The three men drag M.D.K to the front of the cinema and strap him into a chair that has been placed front and centre. They strap him down and bind his arms and legs while a light emits from the rear of the room to indicate a film has been set up... Music starts up... M.D.K frowns.

M.D.K.: "Oh come on... Not an "A Clockwork Orange" parody!" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E51-2B8gHtk&t=56s

It is of course, an A Clockwork Orange moment with M.D.K receiving the shock therapy to straighten him out... A short while later, his unconscious body is dragged out of the cinema and dumped into the back of the car. In silence, Crosby drives through the dusk as it turns to night until the car reaches a private runway. The three burly men are there to meet her and assist her by dragging M.D.K out of the car and up the steps of the private jet awaiting them. They strap him into the seat and we watch the plane taking off and departing US airspace.
     He's still out for the count as the plane arrives on the tarmac of a bleak looking airport. Siberia is 14 hours ahead of Las Vegas so they have travelled forwards by a day as the current wardens of the Siberian prison watch cautiously as M.D.K is dragged across the ground and into the prison facility.

---

Darkness.

Silence.

And then...

A spotlight shines down on the ring that will play host to Chaos Reigns. It's still dusty and the blood has dried to a now pale brown shadow of brawls that once were. Sat slumped on a rickety wooden chair is M.D.K who is now clad all in while with a black bowler hat atop his head much like Alex from A Clockwork Orange. His head remains lowered as silence continues to flood the ring area and the camera slowly pans in on the still motionless icon of The Experts. The camera is now mere inches away from his face as his head snaps up and with one eye painted with a black ring around it, he smiles manically at the camera.

M.D.K.: "Hello boys and girls... Did you miss me?"

He stands up and stretches a little given his ageing joints and then grabs the chair and spins it around and sits back down as he smiles at the camera.

M.D.K.: "I'll be honest - something I haven't been to any of you for a long time - I never believed I'd be back in this ring any more than you will have expected me to be here. The Experts was a done deal for me, it was a portion of my past I had filed under 'finished business' and if that meant I didn't have to come back to this bleak gulag then all the better for me. It did bugger all for my skin, it was a nightmare for my love life and the cold makes it look small is an excuse that only gets you so far..."

He smiles and shakes his head.

M.D.K.: "Listen to me... Making small talk when there's something greater at stake. Something far more important than decor, temperature and penises... Something that has been a long time coming and something that everybody can get their teeth into. Something that everybody wants to see and that everybody is too scared to do."

The camera draws near and the spotlight casts a frightening light across the face of M.D.K.

M.D.K.: "Kick your weasel like arse all the way back to Legacy Tower... You see, since your acquisition of this place and its legacy, people are going to be far too polite and far too dignified to call you out and beat your hobo looking arse in the most hideous way and the worst part in this all? Your foolish fucking self begged me for this match didn't you? Since you strode into WGWF you have begged the board there to get your fifteen minutes of relevance once more and when they wouldn't dignify their greatest asset in what would be a glorified squash match against you, you went around the houses to draw me into this classy version of a public execution. You couldn't bait me in with the voice-mails, threats to my health and begging letters so you tried to hit me straight in the nostalgia node. That very place that drags pitiful cretins out of retirement, that allows fans to make Scorpio a remotely significant name again and that part of your brain that makes you think of things in a different light. The rose tinted spectacles allow you to view things in a different light as to how they would be in reality."

"Like how Jack Benevolence will sit back and think that he was hot shit for a while, how Mark Mania will believe that he had people paying to watch him perform and how ACK Thunder would hope to be anything outside of my fucking shadow for half a heartbeat. Or how about you thinking that maybe - just maybe - you were an integral part of the One Ringed Circus... You see, you have pursued me like Captain fucking Ahab because you think that you were hard done by and that you were usurped from the only group to have had this place by the bollocks since its inception."

"What you were Xander... Was a patsy. Nothing more, nothing less and nothing special. It was the one job in the group that could have been done by a shop mannequin... Exile fucking did it for a while for crying out loud and then Domingo pissing Cruz even took a swing at it... If you don't think that I couldn't have taken any mongoloid, slapped some merchandise on them and told them to try and not lose then you have clearly believed your own hype for too damn long..."

"The fundamental difference between you and me Legion is that you NEED this match. You need it to give yourself somebody to challenge your authority because otherwise... Who will care about you? In all honesty who will care about you? Who will give a shit whether you live or die?"

A voice can be heard over the tannoy. It's Crosby.

Crosby: "Err... Mr Tenegra... That's a little... Unlike what we taught you. You have been cured haven't you?"

He stands up and smiles as he looks up to the voice above.

M.D.K.: "Oh I have been cured alright... Don't worry about that..."

He looks into the camera; his blue eyes burning into the camera.

M.D.K.: "And at Chaos Reigns Legion... You will be cured of your ills... As I show you up to be truly... And utterly... INFERIOR!"

His gaze fixes on the camera as the scene fades out.

Alex Smiley

LEGACY TOWER - 2013

We open at the press conference held by The Experts as they announce their shutdown...but soon we rise above, finding ourselves in a dimly lit conference room. The silhouettes of a group of people are sat around the table as the doors open, revealing a familiar face.

"So good of you to join us, Mr. Azula. Please, have a seat."

Legion takes a seat at the table, a big smile on his face as the group continues to speak.

"You seem all too happy about this shutdown, Mr. Azula."

"Of course I am. To me, this company has meant nothing but misery...and today, I get to watch The Experts crumble before my very eyes. I've tried so hard to tear it down myself, but I'll settle for outside circumstances doing the job."

Legion chuckles, but the group before him find no humor in this.

"We have a vested interest in The Experts, Mr. Azula...we need this place intact for what we have in store. Despite what everyone is led to believe, The Experts is not shutting down...it's simply going into dormancy, and we need someone to hold the keys until we call for it to open again."

Legion scoffs at this, until the group presents him with a key and a briefcase. The case opens to reveal an undisclosed sum of money, and we can practically see the greed in Legion's eyes.

"We can of course pay you handsomely for the deed, and just think...you can say that you own The Experts. Wouldn't it be nice to say you own your competition? We never forgot about The Collective, Mr. Azula...we know you wanted this kind of power."

Legion slowly nods his head as he is presented with a stack of papers, with the Experts logo emblazoned on the top of the front page.

"Just sign on the dotted line, and it's all yours."

LEGACY TOWER - PRESENT DAY

The board has just dismissed after Legion's announcement of the return of The Experts, leaving the new Overseer alone with his chosen General Manager, Timothy Kahrs.

"So, who's the first invite going to?"

Legion just smiles as he looks over a list he put together himself. At the top of that list...Danny Tenegra.

"Well, I've got a bone to pick with one MDK...let's send him one first. Let's see..."

Legion looks further down his list, noting several names along the way.

"I haven't heard from a bunch of these TFWF and VWF people, let's see if I can drag them out of retirement. Mark Mania is a name synonymous with The Experts, I'm sure he'd like to get in on this show. And just for fun, send an invite to James Raven...tell him you need a representative from BCW."

Legion laughs at his own joke, one that Kahrs doesn't find as humorous.

"And what about the True Expert Championship?"

Legion just smiles as he walks to the window, looking on at the Legacy Plaza with glee.

"Jack Benevolence has that covered, but just in case, we'll send a little reminder to Doug E Fresh."

Suddenly, the phone rings. Legion walks over to answer it, and a familiar voice speaks on the other end.

"Hello, Legion. Having fun with your newfound power yet?"

"Absolutely. What's the next move, Eris?"

"We take back what's rightfully ours. What we started ten years ago, we finish in Siberia."

Legion's smile turns to a grin from ear to ear as we fade to black.

[Play.]

When I formed The Collective back in 2008, it was only the start of my war against the natural order of things. I hated Jesse Gunn with a passion, but the only thing I hated more was what he stood for. They called him The Knight, and I hated the idea of chivalry and justice even then. So, when that project failed, I had to come at this from a different angle...and it was then that Chaos came into my life. I began plotting my revenge, and every chance I had I went after The Experts, only to fail time and time again. Eventually, I'd given up on the whole thing...until I found out I won the war without fighting the battle. The Experts was handed to me on a silver platter, and I couldn't have been happier.

So why now, you ask? Why did I bring back The Experts after five long years of radio silence? Honestly, it wasn't my call to make. I serve a greater purpose now, the purpose of throwing a monkey wrench into the world's machinations...the purpose of Chaos. I was called to resurrect The Experts, and to bring these fools back into the dangers and perils of the Siberian Prison, all for the sake of bringing Chaos back into the equation. I was given a special reward for this task, one last crack at the man that ruined my life so many years ago...Danny Tenegra, a man you all know better as MDK.

Danny, you have no idea how long I've waited to get my hands on you after you kicked me out of the One Ring Circus. What you did that day sent me on a downward spiral that ended my career and nearly ended my life...until sweet, sweet Chaos entered my life. I was given a second chance at a first impression, and now I serve my Goddess by bringing her a sacrifice of the most dangerous man in the business. Oh, how sweet it will be to deliver your head on a gold platter to my sweet Eris. Oh, sweet Discordia, she has called me to destroy you with the world's eyes set firmly on Siberia.

When all is said and done, I will celebrate more than just my victory...I will delight in the wonders of Chaos as it falls upon the whole world. What we do at the Experts Invitational will only be the beginning of what my Goddess will wrought upon humanity. Every knee shall bow, and every tongue will confess the authority of Eris, and Discordia will take her rightful place at the throne. At the Experts Invitational, you and everything you stand for will come crumbling down...and chaos will reign.

[Cut.]

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.